Learn a lot about Australia's wildlife while traveling from Brisbane to see a variety of fauna and flora on a 3-day tour, or add an extra day for whales or other interests. Some of our most famous species such as kangaroos, koalas, platypus, wedge-tailed eagle, lyrebird, bowerbirds, laughing kookaburra, carpet python and goanna are found in South-east Queensland, which is part of the third highest biodiversity region in the continent. It offers wonderful mountain scenery, many different habitats (rainforest, eucalypt forests, wetlands, unspoiled beaches and mangroves etc.), and a good climate throughout the year. We seek many species in the wild and also introduce you to some rare and threatened species in a wildlife park run by National Parks. We can't guarantee some species (e.g. platypus, lyrebird) and wild koalas are decreasing but kangaroos and many others are reliably found. Meals are hearty and delicious and with advance notice we can cater for any special diets.
- Learn from a wildlife ecologist or experienced naturalist with long experience in nature education for all ages
- Receive a take-home book (on our multi-day wildlife overview tour) explaining the major groups of Australia's wildlife, notes on their behaviour and ecology, comparisons with other world regions, and a brief evolutionary/geological history
- Easy access (pickup from Brisbane or occasionally Gold Coast) to visit rainforests, eucalyptus forests, wetlands, beaches fringed with native woodlands and other habitats to seek birds, kangaroos, fruit bats, reptiles and other wildlife
- Suitable for all ages and minor disabilities (we can carry lightweight wheelchairs): our emphasis is on looking and learning about wildlife and their habitats, with gentle walking, and often travel with two guides so the group can be split if needed.
- Small group sizes mean we can (within some limits and with advance notice) cater to individual interests and needs