Australia | Sydney to Cairns Flexible Travel Pass

River Retreat
River Retreat
Barrington Tops National Park
Barrington Tops National Park

Travel from Sydney to Cairns up the East Coast of Australia freely at your own pace. This flexible travel pass allows you to set your own rules and build the trip of a lifetime catered to your specific interests. Our awesome guides will take you on an epic adventure covering all 2,418km from Sydney to Cairns while taking in all the hot spots, as well as some local secrets that end up being the highlight of your trip to Australia. A Travel Pass allows you to hop-on-hop-off at any destination for as long you'd like.

Whether you’re excited to party in Byron Bay, learn to surf in Spot X or get tropical in Magnetic Island – this trip ticks all those bucket list boxes and so much more. All your transportation, a guide and some activities are included. You’ll be able to sip wine in the Hunter Valley, visit a koala hospital, adventure through the Tully rainforest and so much more. You'll also have the chance to book additional activities and day trips in the places you love most.

• Airlie Beach and Gateway to the Whitsundays
  • Magnetic Island: Explore this amazing tropical paradise filled with plenty of Australian wildlife. "Maggie Island" is famous for buggies which you can hire to cover more of the island.
  • Off the beaten track stops like Barrington Tops National Park and Great Keppel Island
  • Cairns: Explore the famous Great Barrier Reef, party hard or head into the Daintree Rainforest - the options for adventure are endless here.
  • River Retreat: Canoe down a beautiful river, spotting wildlife along the way (including the elusive platypus if you're lucky!) before settling in for a classic Aussie BBQ.

• Staff 9
  • Organization 9
Nikita

Best trip ever

I did this trip with Stray Travel in the beginning of this year and I absolutly loved it. We went to the most awesome places, I met so many amazing people on the way and the staff was so nice. The staff was always there if you needed help with planning your trip or if you wanted further information about activities, places, hostels, etc. For example, we asked if they could maybe help us with a planning for our trip. We got sent like 3 schedules from stray within a few days! It was also really easy to book your accomodations and activities with the Straymate app. You could like book a hostel one day before you arrived there. And there were many hostels, so you could choose in which one you wanted to stay. If you have the possibility to use the East Coast Travel Pass you should definitly go!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Definitly the bungyjump at AJ Hackett (50 meters!). I was a bit scared at first, but I just jumped when the countdown came to an end
Kamilla

Amazing East Coast adventure

I came to Oz alone, but wasn’t really alone with Stray.
Stray is perfect if you want to travel but not alone, and you are open for making new friends from all over the world.
Best thing about Stray is they takes you places you’ll never could find by yourself.
We camped and swimmed in middle of nowhere, had an amazing BBQ, shared fun stories around the campfire while drinking wine. My Tourguide Lins, told us around the campfire in the dark “If I could go 20 years back, I would not give a shit about what other people were thinking of me, I wouldn’t care about how my body looks like. I can tell you now, YOU ARE FINE!” I am often thinking about that talk after I came home.
The guides were pretty awesome, and takes good care of everyone, I felt safe.

What was your funniest moment?
Breakfast with Koalas
My tourguide Lins stories around the campfire

Location:
Melbourne Airport
( MEL )
Brisbane Airport
( BNE )

Australia, being one of the largest countries by land area, has a wide variety of climates and regions like the desert, the bush, beaches, and the outback. Australia is regarded as one of the most livable countries. Where else can you go to see 10,685 beaches, more than 500 national parks, and 8,222 islands?

About Stray

Stray - The Adventure Travel Network. Travel in New Zealand, Australia and Asia with Stray. Stray tours are designed for adventurous travellers who crave something a little different. Choose from a Tour with everything included, or a flexible Travel...