- Gold Coast
View Other Details
Our trips are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free. Below a sample of what’s included:
- 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners (1 free evening)
- 7 nights lodging in beachfront apartment on the Gold Coast
- 2 nights lodging in North Stradbroke Island
- Volunteer project at wildlife conservation park
- All scheduled activities and excursions
- Discover Corps expert guide
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s not included:
- International airfare
- Australia visa
EXTENSION: 3-day to Sydney. $895 for Adult, $795 for Child ($150 flight).
Despite strict environmental regulations, the continued destruction of habitats, combined with climate change and the effect of invasive species, has wreaked havoc on Australia’s extraordinary indigenous wildlife population. Provide hands-on assistance to rangers and staff at a local wildlife conservation park caring for such unique creatures as koalas and kangaroos.
Over the course of ten days, we’ll experience the unique array of wildlife that Australia is famous for. We’ll learn from rangers and conservation experts about the prominent issues facing these animals and the measures being taken to protect them. Along the way, bask in the natural beauty of Australia’s Gold Coast, an area blessed with miles of pristine beaches and crystal blue waters. Take a sunset cruise along the waterways, head deep into the rainforest on the hunt for waterfalls, enjoy a traditional Aboriginal celebration and spend an afternoon at a koala conservation center.