View Other Details
Full Equipment hire $AUS44/day
World-class scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea on Australia's most awarded liveaboard, Spoilsport. 3 Nights / 12 Dives. Our best selection of Ribbon Reef dive sites north of Cooktown. Suitable for all experience levels. Start with a spectacular low-level scenic flight over the Reef to Lizard Island for a bird’s eye view of some of the reefs you’ll be diving. The Ribbon Reefs lay between Lizard Island and Cooktown, right on the edge of the Continental Shelf, bringing in an upwelling of nutrient-rich water, attracting large fish populations and diverse corals. Around 1,500 fish and 400 coral species live here from small critters to large pelagics. The Cod Hole is famous for its diver-sized potato cod. These fish are incredibly inquisitive and don’t mind getting very chummy with divers. A great opportunity to capture photographs of these magnificent characters or simply hang out and enjoy their company.
- Ribbon Reefs – a prized region of the Great Barrier Reef, with excellent fish & coral biodiversity.
- Cod Hole – Swim with diver size potato cod.
- Steve’s Bommie – a highlight with incredible marine biodiversity, both large and small.
- Flying Start – Spectacular 250km low level scenic flight over the reef from Cairns to Lizard Island.
- Continental Shelf – Dive 100 miles north of Cairns on the edge of the shelf where nutrient rich waters attract rich marine life.