- Great Barrier Reef
View Other Details
At Lady Elliot Island on the Southern Great Barrier Reef, you can explore the wonders from the air, glass bottom boat, snorkelling/diving, or join a guided reef walk. Experience world class diving with 18 incredible dive sites including a blow hole, bommies and the Severance shipwreck. Our PADI Dive Shop offers introductory, open water, advanced and nitrox dive courses. Access fantastic snorkelling straight off the beach, on the glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour or snorkel safari.
The waters surrounding Lady Elliot Island boast excellent visibility with an average water visibility of 20 metres all year around.
Known as the Home of the Manta Ray, Lady Elliot Island consistently has more resident manta rays than anywhere else on the Reef. During Turtle Season, watch Green and Loggerhead turtles laying their eggs or baby hatchlings emerging from their nests.
- Southern Great Barrier Reef - Easy access by scenic flight from the Gold Coast, Brisbane (Redcliffe), Hervey Bay/Fraser Coast and Bundaberg
- World Class Snorkelling and Diving - Excellent visibility, healthy reef and incredible marine life including turtles, manta rays, reef sharks, dolphins and whales (in season) and NO stingers!
- Nature Experience - Reef walking, guided nature/history tours, bird and turtle nesting and hatching seasons, migrating humpback whales (during migration season)
- Eco Resort - Genuine Eco Resort with Advanced Eco and Climate Action Leader certification, eco sustainable practices and hybrid solar power station
- Uncrowded - Visitor numbers strictly limited to 150 overnight guests and 100 day guests (so it will never seem busy). Small planes and boats provide guests with a more intimate/exclusive experience