• Costa Rica

Max Capacity
Age Min

Pricing

$3,195 USD
Children 16 years and younger: $2,895. For available dates, a full itinerary, and discount pricing options, visit our website!
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Driver Meals Park Fees Tour Guide Transportation Water
What's Not Included
Airfare Gratuity Some Meals
Jan 31, 2020
Mar 24, 2021

Known as the “Rich Coast,” Costa Rica hosts about 5% of the world’s biodiversity, more than the U.S. and Europe combined. With sweeping rainforest, rugged mountains, fire-spitting volcanoes and lonesome beaches stretching along jungle-shores, Costa Rica is home to a dizzying array of wildlife. About the same size as West Virginia, Costa Rica has the advantage of being small enough to explore end to end in a matter of days.

Program Highlights

• Venture to a world-renowned sloth sanctuary and get one-on-one contact with these magnificent creatures. Learn how injured and orphaned animals are being rescued in the wild.
  • Embark on a night patrol to aid in the protection of nesting sea turtles or sea turtle hatchlings.
  • Tour the exclusive La Selva Biological Station, recognized internationally as one of the world’s most influential field stations for tropical forest research.
  • Raft 10 miles along the Sarapiqui River to spot howler and white-faced monkeys, and snorkel along Costa Rica's palm-lined white sand beaches.
  • Visit a jaguar rescue center and help prepare food for injured and orphaned animals.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Cheryl

An Amazing Experience!

We traveled to Costa Rica for the Discover Corps Wildlife Safari trip in March, 2021. We had to postpone and change our trip a couple times due to Covid, and I truly believe that it was meant to be. We had an amazing time! The country is so beautiful, the people are very hospitable, and we felt very safe throughout the entire trip. Our guide, Priscilla, was incredibly knowledgeable and thought of every last detail. She really catered to us and made sure we had the best possible experience. Our driver, Erick, was also fantastic. He was an excellent driver, helped us with our luggage, and was very fun and friendly. Every hotel we stayed at was immaculate and beautiful. The staff treated us like family everywhere we went. All the meals were delicious, and the restaurants all had great atmosphere. We really enjoyed learning all about Costa Rica and its rich history and the many unique animals that live there. All of the activities were wonderful as well. We visited a number of animal rescue centers and the biological center, and we went white water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, and we participated in a cooking lesson with delicious food. It was so hard to leave and go back to having to take care of ourselves after being treated like royalty during this fantastic experience. We definitely plan to take another Discover Corps trip again in the near future!

What was your funniest moment?
We participated in a cooking lesson, and I have zero cooking skills! The ceviche we created was the best I've ever tasted though!
Emily

Costa Rica perfection!

I recently returned from the Costa Rican wildlife safari. I was a bit concerned with Covid however every place was extremely clean and had places for you to wash your hands before you even walked in. This was a trip I was actually supposed to go on in 2020 however it was postponed, waiting so long the expectations were high. I was definitely not disappointed! Patricia our guide was absolutely wonderful, extremely knowledgeable and cater to our every need. I would highly recommend this vacation. Also everyone that I met in the community was extremely gracious and kind. The majority of these people work on tourism and unfortunately in the last year have not had any. Booking this trip would not only be an amazing adventure for you but it would also be amazing for the people in the community

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have added more days onto the end of my trip to be able to enjoy more of San Jose.