Few of life’s great travel experiences surpass the sense of awe inspired by the first encounter with Egypt’s legendary ancient monuments and archaeological sites. No preconceptions can quite prepare the first-time visitor for their scale and grandeur, nor match the enduring impact of the story they unfold.
On our rewarding Egypt tour, discover more than ancient Egyptian images, pyramids, and mummies. It will especially appeal to the traveler in search of a true understanding of a civilization whose culture and heritage had such a profound influence on the ancient Greeks and Romans, as well as our own modern world. Unhurried yet comprehensive, our itinerary offers an exceptional opportunity to enjoy a memorable journey through 3,000 years of history – with your knowledgeable tour leader on hand to share their insights into the discoveries that each new day brings.
- Explore the seldom-visited pyramid complexes at Dahshur and Abusir, where the 5th-Dynasty Pharaohs built their pyramids.
- Visit Aswan’s beautiful Philae Temple and High Dam – and the great rock temples of Abu Simbel.
- Travel to the Pyramids of Giza, one of the seven wonders of the world, the Sphinx and the fascinating Solar boat museum.
- Cruise in comfort along the Nile, visiting sites that include Kom Ombo’s rare double temple.
- Wander through Karnak, whose vast sprawling complex is largely dedicated to Amun.