This is private small group tour of 2 days from Addis Ababa. It focuses on cultural experience of the local people and visiting historical sites. The nature touch of this 2 days tour from Addis Ababa is visiting five Rift Valley Lakes of Ethiopia. Park visit is also part of the trip to learn about the Ethiopian wildlife.
Other interesting things to do are visiting Adadi Mariam church rock church, meeting locals with a local family visit, and taking a private boat ride on the Rift Valley Lake of Ziway to spot a number of birds and see hippos.
This tour is by drive with comfortable private vehicle led by professional experienced local tour guide and includes total drive of 580 km in two days. Overnight is at Awassa (or Hawassa) town.
- Visit the unique still functioning rock carved church of Adadi Mariam
- Learn Ethiopian History by visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Steles of Tiya
- Have a deeper cultural experience by visiting local family
- Visit Abiyatta Shalla Lakes National Park
- Enjoy private boat ride on Lake Ziway to spot birds and see hippos