This 9 day tour through the Finish wilderness is the perfect introduction to the environment and wildlife that resides in one of Europe’s last great areas of untouched wilderness. This untamed environment is home to wild forest reindeer, moose, and most impressive of all a number of large carnivores that cannot be found anywhere else in Europe.
On this tour you will take part in a number of exciting and varied activities, all carried out in conjunction with the Finnish Association for Natural Conservation, and they include trekking into the wilderness with the huskies, canoeing to the beaver dams and spending a night in a wilderness hide. You’ll be staying in traditional log cabins which have been updated to include all of the modern amenities you could ever need whilst still retaining their simple, rustic charm.
- Looking after the huskies and helping to care for them!
- Trekking with the huskies through the wilderness.
- Tracking reindeer through the forest.
- Stay in a wildlife hide and observe the animals in their natural environement.
- Go bear watching deep in the forest!