This 7 days tour takes places in the Vikos-Aoos National Park, the most untouched area in Greece, north of the city of Ioannina, in the region of Epirus. The relative small human impact, the rare flora and fauna of the area, and thanks to its wild and unspoiled nature makes this place unique.
Cross the impressive Vikos gorge, localated in the heart of the National Park, and listed in Guiness as the deepest gorge in the world. Hike up to a magnificent alpine lake (known as dragon lake) and stay overnight in the refuge house on the mountain.
Visit Zagori a mountainous region of stunning beauty, one of the most strictly protected areas in Greece and stay at some of the picturesque stone villages, a masterpice of tradional architecture, ideal for those seeking relaxation and tranquility.
Go for rafting in Voidomatis river, ranked as one of the cleanest rivers in Europe and enjoy the stunning nature of the area while paddling through turquoise crystal clear waters.
- Visit 8 traditional villages in the area of Zagori and around throughout the journey
- Hike Vikos the deepest gorge in the world
- Hike Vradeto steps, a very old stone structure trail with stunning views
- Rafting in the calm and crystal clear waters of Voidomatis river
- Hike up to the amazing dragon lake