Sikkim, the moutain kingdom is situated in North-East India. A state that resembles a mosaic of culture. The predominant communities here are the Lepchas, the Bhutias and the Nepalese. Sikkim is in the grandeur of its vistas, the bright heartedness of its people and all that the land has to offer. We take you to some of the beautiful villages in South Sikkim - Payong, Pathuk & Chalamthang.
Duration: 15 days (Customisable)
Theme: Culture, Agro & Bio- diversity, Volunteering
1. Orientation of the village. Transit walk with a farmer. Farm to plate organic farming practices.
2. Understanding sustainable living practices, local governance & ecology. Understanding challenges and mapping solutions using tools such as PR
3. Understand the cultural and traditional practices, hands on local culinary skills, indulge in learning local art.
4. Work on group projects
Program inclusions: Stay, all meal, local transport, local guide and coordinator support.
- Understand organic agricultural practices
- Hands on making local culinary dishes - Making Momo's can be fun
- Understand the local culture & tradition, learn new language of Sikkim
- Volunteer for social development projects