View Other Details
Not your average tourist experience, this tour is specifically designed for the nature lovers out there. Leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind as you traverse the well-worn paths of the mountain mystics or breathe in the history of forests which have endured for centuries. Drink in the afternoon sun with a boat ride down Takachiho Gorge or test your endurance as you hike the three sacred mountains of Dewa Sanzan. You can expect all this and more on this 16-day adventure. Look forward to remote destinations rarely seen by tourists, beautiful hikes with stunning scenery, and islands brimming with life. Not for the faint-hearted, if you’re someone who enjoys the outdoors and doesn’t mind a bit of physical activity to get there, this tour and the rewards that it offers, are well worth it.
- Island hopping, and discovering places most have never heard of. Truly off the beaten path!
- Japanese Shugendo mountain mystics. Learn about meditation, and the ascetic practices of the men and women who live off of the mountains. Mummified Buddhist monks, and trips to the three sacred mountains included.
- Yakushima UNESCO World Heritage island. The island that inspired Princess Mononoke's forests. Canyoning, and beautiful hikes.
- Kendo martial arts lesson. Learn about Japanese bushido as you put your fighting skills to the test!
- Filmmaking contest. Group together to make a short film to memorialize your time in Japan.