The Ilkiurei primary school is the local government school, built solely through the villager’s self-funding and work ethic, it has since been helped partly through donations from foreign individuals. Currently, the school has a total number of 667 students, 316 boys, and 351 girls. The school maintenance costs are funded by the Government but the upkeep is left to the local Maasai community. Struggling for funding, you will see that the classrooms are falling apart. Additionally, their equipment is lacking and despite the hard work by the teachers, they’re constantly fighting a losing battle.
We’ve been able to pledge 2 new refurbished classrooms for the community. This will allow the hiring of local engineers and laborers to take ownership of the project, and begin construction 4 months before we arrive, stimulating the local micro-economy but also ensuring engagement within the school and community.
- Get busy building, refurbishing and renovating classrooms for over 600 students at our partner school in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Get up close and personal with African wildlife on our 3 day safari in Serengeti and Ngorongoro National Parks.
- Wander the markets of Nairobi, Kenya and visit the ethically run elephant orphanage on the outskirts of East Africa's biggest city.
- Splash in the turquoise waters as fisherman head out to sea, then sip cocktails and watch the sunset over Africa on the white beaches of Zanzibar.
- Tag on our OPTIONAL 8 DAY KILIMANJARO CLIMB to summit Africa's highest peak