Spanish & Surf in Tropical Paradise! (Experiencia Puerto Escondido)

Experiencia Puerto Escondido is more than just a Spanish or Surf school in Mexico.
It's a cultural centre in the middle of the tropical paradise in South Pacific, where you can:

- Learn to express yourself in Spanish and break the language barriers, or raise your Spanish level to advanced or upper advanced
- Enjoy surfing every day in the warm Pacific waters (our Surfcamp's doors are always open)
- Have fun or relax during the extra activities as: salsa classes, cooking workshops, cultural workshops, yoga classes, excursions, surf trips, and many others!
- Stay at our comfortable and safe premises just a few steps from the beach
- Do volunteer projects saving sea turtles or helping kids at schools and kindergartens (and other activities)
- Do all of the above all year round thanks to the incredible climate of South Mexico!

• Learn Spanish in paradise! Puerto Escondido is an all-year-round beach town with bright sun, warm ocean and beautiful surroundings!
  • Learn to surf the best waves in the world right in front of your house! Take classes according to your level, join surf trips, relax with sunset yoga classes and take the photo memories with you :)
  • Make friends with people from all over the world! Getting to know other volunteers from Europe, USA, Mexico and other countries, each one with open heart and mind - is priceless.
  • Feel at home - get full support during your projects and studies from our multi-lingual team!
  • Get a full cultural immersion - salsa dance & cooking workshops, surf trips, movie nights and lots of other activities for you to feel part of the Mexican culture!

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Alex

Truly life changing Spanish school

When I first found out about Experiencia, I thought it was a surf school. To my surprise, this is not even a Spanish & Surf school...I'd call it a Cultural Centre. It has everything!
The Spanish teachers are awesome (especially Silvia, with her super fun teaching style), the school itself is "green" and very comfortable, and everyone's super friendly. Muy bien!
I figured I came here in the best season for surfing. Winter time is awesome for beginning because there're no big waves (although they say there's one spot where the waves are small all year round. Ulises and Miguel are professional and patient instructors (sometimes even too patient haha), and I could really feel the advance process - ready for some surfing on my own now (I hope)!
Worth mentioning the surf hotel (or surfcamp as they call it) - nice, new, clean (something one doesn't expect in south of Mexico), and it has this awesome surf vibe that I was looking for...perfect combo. On arrival I had an issue with water in the room but the staff responded immediately and didn't take long to fix it. No problems after that, pure joy!
Why was it life changing? Because after I got to know Puerto Escondido, and Experiencia...I decided to stay in Puerto! :) It is a paradise on Earth, and these guys help you experience the most out of it and just fall in love with Mexico...
All the best!

Hm...perhaps a bit more punctuality hahaha. But I know I know...Mexican time!
In fact not much to say here, everything was great, so just keep doing the good job, please.
Jessica

Spanish school + local immersion - una experiencia mexicana excelente

EXPERIENCIA is all about an amazing experience of Mexican culture and people. This school really makes a ton of an effort to help you immerse into the Mexican way of living. I decided to take private Spanish lessons at their Spanish school in the old part of the city where you can book a room as well. And they have 2 more facilities to accommodate people, one of them is the Surfcamp right at the beach where I stayed as well. The free shuttle with Felix going between all their places makes it really convenient and activities are well coordinated if you wanna join it all.
The private classes are a lot about grammar, exactly what I was lacking so far. The teachers of my Spanish classes helped me a lot to direct my Spanish learnings to the job that i had to apply it onto, f. e. writing and correcting business-related emails. Since I like good coffee my teacher Sophia even took me to a local coffee place and held the class over there.
The facilities of the Spanish school are actually a little bit outdated, but in a really charming way because it`s so colorful painted just how you would imagine it to be in a lively beach town in the Southwest of Mexico. Since it was Christmas time the school hosted a Posada, a festivity that roots go back to the time when Augustinian monks spread the veneration of Christ in Mexico. All students and teachers joined this nights celebrations with sharing home-made traditional dishes like Tamales and the fruit punch as well as breaking the Piñata’s. Good fun and definitely something that I will remember for a long time. Gracias por todo equipo Experiencia!

About Experiencia Puerto Escondido

Experiencia Puerto Escondido is situated on the coast of the beautiful southern state of Oaxaca, Mexico. Puerto Escondido is a surf town with some of the best waves in the world and is surrounded by tropical jungle. It also boasts an excellent night...