Ride NotesThis five-night trip with four guided rides is a great introduction to a new cycling region. We have fantastic local guides to show you the local culture and MLDT team to help you with anything you need. From your arrival in Marrakesh, you will have an English speaking guide with you the whole time and a support vehicle. You will see ancient towns, small mountain communities and explore the great city of Marrakesh. But the real draw is the world-class cycling over quiet roads in the mountains. We go over two passes above 2,000m, both incredible roads that are as good for cycling as anywhere in the world. Come ride somewhere new in 2019!
- Ride somewhere NEW! : Mile markers in Arabic & Berber, the sound of call to prayer, riding in the sun near snow capped peaks in February. Morocco is such an exotic change from other part of the world, lets discover the new destination!
- Finish in Marrakesh: It's one of the world's most exotic cities. Marrakesh is full of stunning Riads, ancient markets and exotic food. We arrive here on day 5 and have a walking tour that evening . The last morning is free to explore the town.
- Ride two 2,000m passes: We go over 2,000m twice on roads built by the French between the wars. Great long climbs with hairpins and stunning views, this is early season climbing at it's best.
- Stop for mint tea: Soak up the local Berber culture. That means switch out the coffee for mint tea, the pasta for tangines.
- Explore off the beaten path Morocoo: Off the bike we have time to explore both Marrakesh & stunning Ouarzazate. This ancient town is our base on night 4.