• Nepal
Activities
City Exploring Hiking Photography

Program Details

Program Tags
Adventure Travel Cultural Immersion History Holidays & Festivals Language Immersion Religious Spiritual
Group size
Small Group (1-15)
Travel Type
Budget Couples Custom Family Guided LGBT Luxury Private Senior Travelers Singles Solo Women
Intensity Level
Age Max
Age Min

Pricing

$595 USD
The price is for the group. Twin sharing accommodation. Single supplements cost extra
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Driver Some Meals Park Fees SIM cards Tour Guide Transportation Water Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

All government taxes

What's Not Included
Gratuity Some Meals Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included (Extra)

Entry tickets to enter the historical monuments.

Aug 18, 2020
Sep 01, 2021

This combined trip brings you a complete experience of Nepal. UNESCO enlisted historical-cultural heritage and spiritual sites immerse you in the rich and deep culture of Kathmandu, the valley of Temples & Stupas. After the tour in Kathmandu, Patan & Bhaktapur, the panoramic Himalayan view is another attraction. Enjoy the sunset and sunrise over the mystic mountains. Within 10 days, you will experience the Monk in Monastery and meet the Shamans in the village. Be enthusiastic to communicate with spirits if you believe in spiritualism. Plus you will have a professional guide to assist and explain all the activities airport to airport.

Program Highlights

• Explore the UNESCO highlighed historical-cultural heritage sites in valley of Temples & Stupa with local guide
  • Immersed yourself in deep & rich culture of Bhaktapur & Visit Changunarayan
  • Hiking to Nagarkot for amazing view of Himalayan panorama and Sunset & Sunnrise over mountains
  • Experince life style of monks in the Monastery and Shamans in the Village

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
stella burbach
Stella

Nepal trekking & trip for community volunteering

We had a great time with Shiva and his team, from being picked up from the airport to being dropped off there, everything was just perfect! We did "culture tour" visiting shaman village and a two-week trekking trip to Annapurana Himalaya region. Our both guides for culture tour and trekking trip were great, the program was great and fantastic as far as we wanted away from the tourist crowds, all accommodations were good.

Their “TeamSabbatical” were very helpful and friendly as well. When we have a questions or a problem can find someone on the spot immediately to find a answer and solve it. It’s really a great opportunity to explore as local. We tell our friends and family to contact them if they plan to make a Nepal trip and we will definitely be back!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
We had an amazing experience in village. After trekking, we went to a Shaman village as a volunteer traveler. And i practice "Shaman Matra" every morning and Evening. the last night in Shaman village i felt like i gained some spiritual energy. And it was amazing.
1 person found this review helpful.
Timon

Cultural phenomenal & trekking to Langtang Nepal

We (I and my university friend) have just completed the 8 day Langtang Valley trek and few days village stay inclufing kathmandu valley culture sightseeing. My friend made all the arrangements directly with the company. When we arrived at Kathmandu well after midnight (our flight had been delayed), we were met by someone who kindly went through the itinerary for our trip.

We have both done some treks previously and had chosen to carry our own bags which we did again this time. I found trekking in the snow with a heavy bag challenging on one particular day. Our guide Shesh was so patient and even offered to carry some of things in his bag! He let me use some snow chains on my shoes which made a massive difference!

The length of time trekking was good balance. There were regular stops at teahouses which provide a surprising amount of food choices (including vegetarian options) - I would recommend Dal Bhat or Tibetan bread with yak cheese. I also enjoyed sitting by the fire in the teahouses at the end of the day reflecting on the day & trek.

Part way through the trek, our itinerary changed in response to the weather; we had intended to go up Tserko Ri but our knowledgeable guide had reports of heavy snow the next day and for our safety gave us the option to complete an afternoon trek part of the way up that day. The views were amazing! This led to us having the option of completing the trek in 2 days with a day in Kathmandu or completing it in 3. Again, Shesh was very patient when we were being indecisive and also helpful and further tweaked our itinerary returning via Sherpagon so we had some great views. This was my favourite teahouse; great views and rooms with an attached shower and toilet.

You can buy bottled water, toilet paper and snacks at teahouses. If you come during the winter, you should bring layers and could bring a sleeping bag. We brought thermals, hat, gloves and a down jacket and at one or two teahouses I was a little cold. Our guide sourced us extra blankets which was grately appreciated and helped keep us warm during the night. At some of the teahouses, the pipes had frozen which meant the only option for a shower was using a bucket of water. Not a major problem.
After trek we were 2 nights in Kathmandu. Then went to Kavre village. What an amazing culrure and lifestyle ! We had great 5 days there.

Our return flight from Kathmandu was at 11:30pm. We arrived back in Kathmandu in the afternoon one day before and had time to explore Kathmandu again. Shesh kindly arranged for us to leave our bags at a hotel instead of carrying them around with us and then showed us around Thamel. I also loved the farewell meal experience - more great Nepalese food. Even though visiting Kathmandu wasn't part of our itinerary, I feel like we had enough time to get a different view of Nepal.

I would definitely recommend using Sabbatical Explore Nepal whether for a trek or a tour.

What was your funniest moment?
Not enough toilet paper & towels in tea house in the mountains. We never expected it. But options were enough.