If you only have a short time to explore the largest island of New Zealand, this is the tour for you! Prepare for seven days of spectacular scenery and lots of opportunity for adventure. Turquoise lakes, majestic glaciers, dramatic mountain peaks, golden tussocklands and the picture-perfect towns of Queenstown, Wanaka and Franz Josef are all on our week-long road trip!
This small-group guided tour of the South Island will visit Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown, Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), Franz Josef Glacier, and back across to Christchurch via Arthur’s Pass onboard the world-famous TranzAlpine train. You’ll have the option to visit Milford Sound, and we’ll stop at many other scenic spots along this South Island itinerary.
There’s a range of optional add-on activities: None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
- Carve your own pounamu/jade pendant in Franz Josef
- Discover NZ's most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas
- Journey through multiple National Parks
- Cross the stunning Southern Alps on the TranzAlpine train
- Plus many surprise stops along the way