Minga Tour inspires social change through our concept of educational tourism that blends the two elements of education & tourism into a mutually beneficial experience for the indigenous populations, who we serve, and international students. Your support and participation will allow us to move our Amazon programs toward financial self-sustainability. All Minga Tour revenue (100%) goes toward our Amazon programs. Our work focuses on indigenous communities in the beautiful and biodiverse Amazon rainforest of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Minga Peru empowers women and their communities through leadership training, an inter-cultural radio program, and meaningful partnerships with other non-profit organizations, national & local governments, and educational institutions. We ensure that these communities have access to vital information and services related to human rights, health care, small business entrepreneurship, conservation, and eco-friendly income generating project.
- Minga Tour offers 3 packages depending on your travel timeline, finances, and desired destinations. Each trip ranges from 3–10 incredible days and includes destinations to Lima, Iquitos & Cuzco.
- Minga Tour’s approach to social change connects you face-to-face with local community leaders in order to share knowledge about the various cultures inhabiting the Amazon and the problems they face.
- You will learn how human rights, environmental conservation, and knowledge of basic healthcare define the mission of Minga in the Peruvian Amazon— a region that is the most isolated and neglected.
- You will experience social change through the voices of indigenous women and youth who are transforming the Amazon in Peru.
- You will experience first-hand how Minga Peru achieves social change and share unforgettable moments while positively contributing to the many indigenous communities that we serve.