A tropical archipelago made up of more than 7,000 islands packed to the brim with natural wonders, the Philippines is an enticing country just waiting to be explored. Gaze in awe at spectacular untouched landscapes, be caught-up by the infectious warmth of friendly locals and discover an intriguingly diverse mix of cultures, traditions, and sights. From trekking Mt Pinatubo to exploring the stunning Banaue rice terraces - this country will really grab a hold of your senses. So pack your bags, take a dive into the unknown and get ready to fall in love with South-East Asia's wild child.
- Begin in the adventurous, lively city of Manila, with contradictions and surprises around every corner.
- Embark on a 3-day trek through rice fields, forests and villages, staying in local Ifugao communities along the way.
- Be left breathless by the lush Banaue rice paddies, millennia old terraces that stretch like stepping-stones towards the sky.
- Witness the unique hanging coffins in Echo Valley, and discover more about the fascinating traditions of the local people.
- Just 25 years old, the lake-filled crater of Mt Pinatubo is a fresh wonder to explore – trek to the summit and camp right next to pristine emerald waters in the heart of the volcano.