Birdwatching Tour in the Danube Delta

The Danube Delta is regarded as one of the largest wetlands (2861 sqm) and the most extensive area of compact reed beds in the world.

With more than 1200 species of plants and trees, 331 species of birds(12 species are protected by law, declared "monument of nature", because they are endangered), 100 species of fish, the Danube Delta is home to 98% of Europe's aquatic fauna (3400 species).

According to the geographical origin, birds belong to the following types: European, Mediterranean, Siberian, Mongolian, Artic and Chinese. Migration takes place in the South-North direction during spring, and the North-South in the autumn.
The Danube Delta is the most representative delta ecosystem in the world, and the third area as biodiversity, after The Coral barrier - Australia and The Galapagos Islands - Ecuador.

• The third area as biodiversity, after The Coral barrier - Australia and The Galapagos Islands - Ecuador
  • The most representative delta ecosystem in the world
  • One of the largest wetlands (2861 sqm)
  • The most extensive area of compact reed beds in the world
  • 331 species of birds(12 species are protected by law, declared "monument of nature", because they are endangered)

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Ioan

Superb location

Very good meal, especially fish soup. You can eat other things (chicken), but fish prepared like in Danube Delta is rare to find.
Birdwatching was excellent, I took a lot of photos in this trip (about 800 each day). The guide showed us a lot of places, I estimate we made 100 km in 5h30 each day. We chosed how long to stay in each place, depending of birds we saw.
I was with a group of friends, I recommend this, because boats are for 8 persons (plus the guide). We were in 2 boats.
I recommend visiting Danube Delta at least once, probably you will come back.
I was there in 2018 and 2019 and I will come back for sure.
The best periods are in spring and autumn, you should reserve in advance. It is not a last minute trip, it was planned long ago.

Reserve in advance, there are not many location like this and the trip should be planned.
Maria

Perfect place to relax

Great boat tour; beautiful sunset; nice place; very good food; if you are with the right people you can have the best time; lots of places to visit near by; may is a great period to visit; beautiful birds to see on the boat trip on the canals; very nice people willing to help; nice stories to listen about the area and locals; you can take beautiful pictures there which will result in an incredible album to see after years; the location is quite; Peonies reservation is near by; Enisala Caste is worth visiting; Mahmudia is a clean town; you can take your time and enjoy the sun walking; you can also go fishing and enjoy the time with the friends; if no fish then you can buy it from locals at a very good price; I recommend a visit here anytime of the year

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Aside from amazing sunset the birds and flowers were a beautiful sight;