Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage: Come walk with us!

Walk by beautiful historic churches
Walk by beautiful historic churches
Pilgrims walking in the moonlight
Pilgrims walking in the moonlight
Pilgrims walking in the countryside
Pilgrims walking in the countryside

Do you have a passion for exploring, community, and self-reflection? Do you love experiencing a new location on foot? This opportunity to walk a portion of the Camino de Santiago for 2 weeks will not only be a journey of self-exploration, but also a study of what it means to go on pilgrimage and to travel in community. The Camino de Santiago is an ancient traditional Catholic pilgrimage to the cathedral at Santiago de Compostela. In present days, most pilgrims travel for personal or spiritual reasons, not for religious reasons and while the route passes by many churches, it is mostly a secular experience. As the centerpiece of Wayfinding Academy's Learn & Explore Trips, this adventure is offered every April. Various other rotating trips are offered in August and December - check out the Learn & Explore Trips page on the Community tab of our website for current updates.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Austin

Physically Challenging, Emotionally Challenging, Super Fulfilling

Walking the Camino is one of the most difficult things I've done in my life, both physically and emotionally. There were moments when I didn't think I was going to be able to finish, moments where I didn't want to do it anymore, and moments where I broke down and let go of some heavy sh*t in my life. But I did it and I'm so glad I did.

I learned to SLOW DOWN and notice the beauty in the small, wonderful things around me (they were always there, I just couldn't see them until the pace of my life slowed down). I learned to trust the unfolding of things around me and to lean into spontaneity and the kindness of strangers. I learned how to be alone with myself, my thoughts, and my emotions without having to change anything. I learned that I LOVE adventure.

And ultimately, I learned how to trust myself.

I really can't understate how powerful walking the Camino de Santiago was for me. And doing it with Wayfinding Academy provided an intentional community of folks around me that could be there when I needed conversation and could leave room when I needed solitude.

To anyone thinking of going on this trip, DO IT. It will be full of hard and challenging times and it will stretch you in unexpected ways... but it will also bring you connection and authenticity and realness and strength.

To me, that's the beauty and the magic of the Camino.

The Camino has the ability to bring folks together from all walks of life and all different countries to share thoughts and emotions and experiences. AND I think the Camino is a deeply powerful experience as an individual processing your own thoughts and emotions and experiences.

My advice to future travelers on this program is to value both solitude and time spent with others. I would suggest finding a balance between these two, because they're both equally as powerful.
TJ

Adventure of a Lifetime

Walking the Camino was such a great experience. Walking for many hours each day gave me time to reflect on so much and I learned a lot about my self. I did injured my knee the first day and had to taxi some of the days. That happening pushed me to be more open about my feelings. I didn't want to admit to the pain because I didn't want to seem weak but I pushed those feelings aside and accepted help. That was very important to me because I have always struggled with asking for help. I also met so many cute animals.