Welcome to one of Asia's most exciting up-and-coming destinations. Breathtaking coastline, lush green landscapes, and tranquil temples are only the beginning of this eclectic adventure. Kick off in Taipei, where heritage charm meets cosmopolitan buzz, and make your way to the idyllic Sun Moon Lake. The city of Hualien boasts mountain trails, marble gorges, and Pacific Ocean panoramas right on its doorstep, while Yilan is a wonderland of creative farms and hot springs. Along the way, get behind-the-scenes glimpses of local industries, enjoy hands-on activities, and experience an older, slower Taiwan – from Jiufeng's timeless old streets to the traditional noodle-making the village of Lukang.
- Get behind the scenes of Taiwan's exciting food culture – go oyster collecting in Wangong, sip Yuchih black tea at a plantation, and cook spring onion pancakes with your own hand-picked ingredients.
- Become a 'Sweet Potato Mama' as you join a street-food merchant on their daily routine. This is both a unique experience and a great cause, with proceeds going to the Genesis Social Welfare Foundation.
- Hike, ride or kayak at stunning Sun Moon Lake - Taiwan's one and only natural lagoon.
- Named after the local Truku word for 'magnificent' and 'splendid', Taroko Gorge more than lives up to its name. The Shakadang Trail is a hiker's dream, a shadowy world of coastal cliffs and marble canyons.
- Eat till you drop at Taiwan's many and varied night markets - no one does street food like the Taiwanese!