View Other Details
-All transport and game drives on road safaris will be in a modern 4×4 safari land cruiser (with seven window seats) with an --English speaking driver-guide on private basis
-All transfer in Tanzania
-Extra lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant
-Meals and accommodation as specified
-All park fees and government taxes
-2 bottles of ½ liter mineral water per person per day on game drives
The Selous Game Reserve, another UNESCO world heritage site is the largest protected area on our planet, covering an area of around 50,000 sq. km. Its size is stunningly bigger than Switzerland or Denmark, uninhabited and little touched by human interference. Visitors can find themselves in a pristine wilderness, far away from the trodden tourist routes.
- The Selous Game Reserve is an amazing large area the dimensions of which are difficult to comprehend. With an area of over 50,000 square kms, it is Africa's largest nature reserve. The reserve is split into two by the waters of the Rufiji River.
- In Selous there are numerous lion, giraffe, zebra, hippo and various antelope species present, but what makes the Game Reserve even more special is the unique species such as the large numbers of wild dogs
- Selous Game Reserve is also a true paradise for bird watchers with a large variety of both Aquatic and plains birds.
- What makes a visit to Selous extra special is that you have the ability to partake in several different activities. You can explore the reserve via guided walking safaris, a truly wonderful experience
- You can investigate the Rufiji River and its many canals and lagoons by boat and come face to face with the many hippos, crocodiles and maybe the odd elephant coming to drink in the river. The exuberant bird life is also best witnessed by a river trip