Kilimanjaro Marangu Route - 8 Days

Kilimanjaro Marangu Route

Trek to the highest point in Africa on this nine day expedition to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro at 19,341 ft! Traverse five sub-climates from base to peak as you hike through bushland, rain forest, moorland, alpine desert, and arctic climates. Set off predawn on your summit attempt of Uhuru Peak and take in incredible sunrise views that make you feel on top of the world. Explore Moshi town, spot wildlife, and experience the vibrant culture of Tanzania.

• Experience the vibrant Tanzanian culture and wildlife in and around Moshi town
  • Trek through forests, grasslands, alpine desert, and up to Uhuru Peak at dawn
  • Summit the highest peak in Africa (19,341 ft)!

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Karen

Kilimanjaro Marangu Route -8 days

My husband and I planned an amazing 3 week program with OneSeed exploring Tanzania last fall. Wow, it was an adventure of a lifetime. The first 8 days was hiking Kilimanjaro on the Marangu Route. We had a small group of 10 and everyone was like-minded, excited, scared and ready for the climb. The OneSeed staff and local guides took excellent care of our personal safety and comfort. I wont sugar coat it, it was a hard trail due to the attitude and hours on trail; however, nothing can ever replace the extraordinary milky way that I witnessed on our last push up the mountain and the many rewards of being in nature. Unforgettable. I am 60 and my husband 58 and we love the richness of nature. OneSeed also organized the following week for us to enjoy a private safari and then on to spend 5 days in Zanzibar.

Nothing, it was perfect. I loved the food, the staff, the guides and the other travelers. No hitches.

About OneSeed Expeditions

OneSeed Expeditions operates hiking, trekking and backpacking trips around the world and offers a new way to travel. We partner with local communities to ensure that tourism revenue goes directly to the guides, porters, and local entrepreneurs....