Come and experience Tanzanian culture and learn about international community development! The Small Things (TST) is an ethical 501c non-profit organization located in Nkoaranga Village, about 30 minutes from Arusha.
The Small Things integrates high-quality, loving, community-based residential care with a comprehensive family preservation program. That means keeping children in homes where they belong, caring for them when their families can’t and helping reunite them with relatives after leaving our care. We invite you to experience TST and Nkoaranga with our Social Impact Visit, which is centered around ethical and respectful cultural tourism.
These visits are designed to have minimal impact on the community, foster intercultural relationships, and teach you more about our organization! You will have the opportunity to stay with a host family or guesthouse; volunteer at our daycare and community tutoring program; learn about our projects + programs; speak Swahili; and more!
- Experience a full Social Impact Tour including a tour of all of our facilities; learn Swahili; learn to make jewelry with our Social Enterprise students; have tea with one of our business program graduates; and learn about our sustainable programs.
- Spend 1-2 days visiting at our daycare where you will be able to play, sing, dance, and teach community outreach children.
- Enjoy a morning experiencing our community tutoring program + even teach a lesson or two!
- Visit with other surrounding organizations focused on ethical community tourism, immersing yourself within Tanzanian culture, while also enjoying hikes, homemade cheese, and coffee tours.
- Stay in a beautiful guesthouse or homestay on the slopes of Mt. Meru.