Journey into the heart of the East African and make an invaluable contribution to the protection of these animals. Discover Corps offers a completely unique experience where you trek with a veterinarian and assist in the collection and lab analysis of gorilla data from stool samples, and learn more about the vital preservation work being done by the Gorilla Conservation Camp.
Over the course of 10 days, we will immerse ourselves in the natural world, with overnight stays in stunning safari lodges. Animal encounters will include tracking and observing chimpanzee families in their natural habitat, spotting elephants, leopards and buffalo on game drives, and coming face-to-face with rare tree-climbing lions as you track them with a local conservationist.
We’ll also enjoy a host of authentic cultural experiences, from visiting the children at a rural community school to learning basket-weaving from women involved in a local charity project.
- Come face-to-face with gorillas and trek with a veterinarian to help gather data and assess their health at the lab after the trek
- Track tree-climbing lions, a rare breed only found in two parts of the world, with a conservationist
- Stay in stunning luxury lodges near the three Ugandan National Parks
- Visit a local school, coffee plantation and women’s charity project
- Walk alongside chimps in the jungle and observe them in their family group just feet away