This Vacation with Purpose will take you across the famous Kenai Peninsula so you can meet face to face the dramatic Alaskan beauty of the coasts, mountains and people living in there. Not only that: you’ll meet conservationists and non-profits dedicated to protecting the Alaskan wildlife and environment, such as the Alaska Sealife Center, where you’ll be able to study closer the marine fauna of the 49th state.
Whenever you’re not exploring or learning more about Alaska, you’ll experience the spirit of the region through dog sledding with a local family, visiting oyster farms (and trying oysters!) and immersing yourself in this ancient land!
This Discover Corps trip will show you a side of Alaska that few others get to experience.
- Get up-close with puffins at the Alaska Sealife Center.
- Cruise through the Kenai Fjords National Park spotting whales, eagles, otters, and more along the way.
- Marvel at your surroundings as you ride through the mountains in a glass-top train.
- Visit an oyster farm with a local nonprofit (and sample oysters!).
- Practice "belly biology" with local sea life experts.