Join a GVI women’s empowerment project to support gender equality in India, Peru, Nepal, Ghana, Fiji, and South Africa, among others. You can assist with income-generating workshops, vocational training, gender equality discussions, English language and literacy, and global health education.
GVI offers you the opportunity to work bilaterally with community partners, GVI staff members, and fellow GVI participants to travel ethically and responsibly. At the same time, you can learn about different cultures, develop cross-cultural skills, explore the country, adventure with other international participants, and gain new soft and hard skills in your chosen focus.
Your efforts contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities, Goal 5: Gender Equality, and Goal 4: Quality Education.
- Collaborate to improve gender equality, and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality, and Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities.
- Travel to Southeast Asia, Africa, or Latin America.
- Expand your knowledge of global sustainable development issues, and gain hard and soft skills.
- Learn about different cultural practices, taste traditional cuisines, and connect with other GVI volunteers from around the world.
- Make life-long friends with like-minded international participants.