African Impact - Group Volunteering Tours in Africa

African Impact - Group Volunteering Tours in Africa

Join other like-minded individuals on an adventure of a lifetime where you can experience all that Africa has to offer and make a positive impact in the communities you visit. Many communities in Africa suffer with poverty and limited healthcare and educational infrastructure. Join summer volunteer programs in Africa and assist in HIV/AIDS volunteer projects, orphan volunteer projects and various charity work in Africa. You can even volunteer with lions, link with sports volunteer projects, marine conservation initiatives and wildlife photography projects.

These tours are the ultimate balance between volunteering and travelling and are jam-packed with loads of extras like overnight safaris, cultural tours and exciting opportunities to interact with Africa's wildlife.

Africa
The volunteer fee for our projects not only covers your accommodation, all meals, transport and resources used while on project; but it also contributes to the development of new projects in communities and areas where help is needed, and gives us the ability to sustain our projects for the long-term. We also offer you 24 hour on the ground support and will collect you from the airport when you arrive! All excursions listed in the project itinerary are also included in the program fee.

Yes! While I was there we had a couple that stayed for 6 weeks. They were spending a year traveling the world and I was fortunate enough to have been there while they volunteered! The set up a nice lodge for them and on our bush camping I bunked with a male volunteer from New Zealand so they could share a tent . No problem at all, just let them know in advance!

Show 1 - 1 of 1
Susan

Absolutely Best time Ever in South Africa!

I was mentally, physically and spiritually exhausted. At 56 I have traveled the world quite a few times and it hit me that I just need to leave. So I packed a backpack, packed a huge suitcase full of teaching and school supplies and left the US. I choose African Impact 's Big 5 because I wanted to be on the Conservation side of volunteering. I have always had a deep, abiding love for our fellow passengers on this planet. When I landed in Jo'Burg and made the trip to Dumela Lodge I was hit by two things. 1st the welcome was traditional, a musical song that made me wonder why I sit in a cubicle everyday at work. 2nd, the smiles, the air, the wide open space, I drank this all in and just Relaxed.

The 1st presentation was mind blowing, I was in a room with people from 15 countries and we all felt the same way! It has been decades since I have had this warm comfortable feeling of kinship. We shared where we were from, what we wanted to do and than we took off running. My 2nd night there we were staying in the Bush Camp in Klaserie part of Greater National Kruger Park. Between the Lion walking through our camp, finding the Breakaway Females with a fresh kill, Ellie's, Giraffes, Cape Buffalo's, Leopards, well I could go on and on! Eating dinner and turning around to see a Hyena put the biggest grin on my face! Sleeping to the sounds of Lions calling and Hyenas cackling, best therapy ever! Community projects became therapy for me. Building, painting and planting Keyholes gardens at the schools (Crash's) was a lesson in humility. The children were so happy and with so very little. To be able to help provide food so they can have more than one meal a day and be able to go home and help their parents learn to grow a garden, well it puts life in perspective. We dug out ponds, we cleared sickle bushes and burned them before the rains came. After 2 days I forgot about what day it was, after 2 weeks I just wanted to stay. I fell in Love with Africa and I want to go back!

African Impact is a multi-award winning volunteer travel organisation which runs and manages meaningful and responsible volunteer experiences and internship programs throughout Africa. The organisation was founded in 2004 in Zimbabwe, and since then...