Educar Argentina

The project aims to develop quality education for children in vulnerable social and economic situations in Argentina. This will be done, by complementing scholarship primary education with support classes and activities about human rights and values.

This project will be run for a team of at least two international volunteers working together to develop scholar support classes and other recreational activities aligned to values and children’s rights. The classes will be developed according to the children and teenagers educational level.

This projects contributes toward UN Sustainable Development Goal #4: Quality Education

• United Nations
  • Quality Education
  • Argentina
  • Global Volunteer

Ruth

Best experience of my life

Last summer, I spent 6 weeks volunteering in Córdoba, Argentina through AIESEC's Educar program. I worked as a teacher at a small community center in the impoverished Barrio Guiñazú, where I taught English, supervised the children, tutored/helped the children with their homework and acted as a positive role model in a situation where they may have not had one. The community center provided free care for disadvantaged children as their parents worked, etc.

In short, those 6 weeks were some of the best weeks of my life.

I loved the children and the women I worked with at the community center. They welcomed me, embraced me and took me in as one of their own. I fell in love with Argentina and the culture. I was supported by the AIESEC committee in Córdoba and got to know the members of the committee very well. I stayed in a hostel, where I quickly befriended kids my age from all over the world. I traveled every weekend. My best friends were from Mexico, Brazil, Scotland and France, and I still keep daily contact with them almost a year later.

Because this project was 2 months long, I was able to see the kids' progress and the impact I was making. As cliched as it is, I left Argentina a changed (for the better) woman!

I always recommend an AIESEC exchange to anyone I meet who is considering going abroad. I can confidently say that my AIESEC exchange changed my life in an amazing way.

I feel like AIESEC-Madison is my university's best-kept-secret. I want more students to be familiar with AIESEC so it can change their life like it changed mine.

About AIESEC United States

AIESEC is the world's largest youth-run organization, specializing in leadership development through our membership and exchange programs. Our Global Citizen program provides short-term, volunteer-based internships in a variety of countries...