Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Buenos Aires from $620

Volunteer in Buenos Aires with IVHQ
Volunteer in Buenos Aires with IVHQ

Trusted by 100,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Buenos Aires and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 5 volunteer project options in Buenos Aires and give back for periods ranging from 2 weeks to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Buenos Aires, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Buenos Aires program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $590 for two weeks - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 5 and 10 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Buenos Aires each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 100,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Hi Alvaro, While visa, flights, travel insurance are not included in the program fees, we understand that one of the biggest costs when preparing for a volunteer trip abroad are the flights. To help overcome this, International Volunteer HQ has partnered with STA Travel to create flight itineraries especially for IVHQ volunteers. You can find more details on our website. Regards, Jordan McFadyen...

Kristen

Childcare Project

This experience was one of the best I have ever had. I was very apprehensive about taking this journey because I have never traveled alone. However, I would not let my nerves get the best of me, so I decided to travel alone for the first time to Buenos Aires. I have always wanted to volunteer and see other parts of the world. I came across IVHQ just surfing the web for safe and affordable programs. I am starting graduate school this fall so I did not have too much extra money to spend on traveling. I did research on some of the countries I was interested in and Buenos Aires seemed to be one of the safer choices so I felt comfortable in my decision to travel there.

My Spanish speaking skills are extremely basic. I definitely struggled to speak to some of the locals, but I was able to get my point across. Also, I was never alone unless I chose to be alone which was comforting. All the volunteers would go out to eat together and explore Buenos Aires together! All the volunteers who were in the same program would travel to their volunteer accommodation together. Where the childcare program is located is not a good area, but again, you are never alone. I always felt safe because there would always be 6 to 9 of us going together to the program and no-one was left behind. The kids in the program truly have a piece of my heart. It was hard for me to communicate with them since my Spanish skills are very minimal. So while I was there, I focused on playing different sports and activities with the kids such as soccer, jump rope, catch, skateboarding, using the scooter, drawing, and etc. Even tough I couldn't speak the same language, some of the kids truly gravitated towards me because they could see I was smiling, laughing and trying to have fun with them. It truly amazed me how close I felt to some of them even though I could not have real conversation with them.

I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone to volunteer in Buenos Aires because the memories and friends I made on this trip I will cherish and hold close to my heart forever. The kids I met during this project I will miss forever and cherish the memories I have with them. This trip truly gave me another perspective on life and truly helped me grow as a person. I would highly recommend taking this journey to anyone.

Offer more food for the volunteers within the accommodation!
Ioana-Liana

Teaching in the slums of Buenos Aires

I chose the teaching project from IVHQ first of all based on how affordable it was in comparison to the other websites I had visited. Second of all, as a future med student I wanted to try a different way in which to help society, so I decided to go abroad where I could share my knowledge to others who don't share the same privilege as me. This project ensured I could do what I had in mind and it also helped me to appreciate what I have and how much happiness you could give someone just by dedicating some of your time to them!
I created such a special bond with the kids I was teaching, even though we didn't speak the same language, something I didn't know could be possible. The other volunteers there were friendly and I was heartbroken to leave such friendships behind. I will definitely sign up for another project next year too!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay for at least one month because after my two weeks there I started to really bond with the children but had to leave!