Great Value Conservation & Animal Care Projects from US$114 per week

Volunteer with Sloths in Peru
Volunteer with Sloths in Peru
Volunteer with wildlife in Indonesia
Volunteer with wildlife in Indonesia

Do you want to volunteer to help an amazing variety of rescued animals or work at a conservation project?

Make a real difference to the lives of rescued Elephants, Sloths, Orangutans, Monkeys, Bears, Gibbons and Dogs.

Globalteer is a registered UK Charity providing ethical and responsible volunteering opportunities in animal care, rescue and conservation efforts.

Globalteer has opportunities to volunteer at a range of fantastic projects in Asia and Latin America including:

• Elephant Sanctuaries in Thailand and Cambodia
• Sea Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica
• Howler Monkey Sanctuary in Argentina
• Amazon Conservation in Peru
• Wildlife Rescue Sanctuary in Thailand

You will work directly with experienced project staff and have a clear role.

Meet like-minded people from around the world to share in an amazing experience!

• Experience working closely with a variety of amazing animals.
  • Learn about conservation efforts and the issues surrounding the wildlife trade.
  • Help create a happy and respectful life for the rescued animals.
  • Meet new like-minded friends from around the world.
  • Volunteer with a trusted, responsible charity that has placed 1000’s of volunteers globally.

No, you will receive the necessary orientation and training when you arrive at the project. You will also work alongside project staff.
Dear Sunniva, Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Globalteer. Unfortunately, we do not have any programmes that evolves around planting trees. If you would be interested in conservation in general, let me know and I will assist you in finding the perfect project for you and your daughter. Regarding volunteering with children, we have several projects suitable for family volunteering....

Carol

I would highly recommend!

I will always cherish the experience in Peru

I grew up on a farm and have been passionate about helping animals all my life. I particularly connect with dogs so wanted to volunteer to help dogs in need. I already have experience volunteering with dogs at home but wanted to take on the challenge of helping at a shelter overseas.

The project did not disappoint, I was able to get stuck in straight away and the dogs were amazing, really friendly and loving despite their horrific backgrounds. The work was as expected but probably more rewarding than back home knowing these dog’s stories.

Cusco is a wonderful place to volunteer, beautiful city and friendly people. The staff and other volunteers were great. I never felt alone in the hostel, great place to socialise.

I would highly recommend!

Ben

Wonderful Dogs!

I absolutely love all dogs so decided to combine my holiday with helping dogs in another country again. This project was amazing, the shelter owners were so passonate and there love for dogs was obvious. They worked so hard for many years to care for dogs in Cusco, I was inspired by their dedication!

The problem for dogs in Peru is huge, attitudes are different and there are so many dogs on the streets.

The support at this project was wonderful, Globalteer has an office in Cusco, so the staff were always there and available when I needed help. When I volunteered overseas before though a different organisation, their office was back home and support was via email so not so good as this project, especially as I have not really travelled independantly.

Steve

Volunteered in Cambodia

This was a great experience for me in Cambodia. It was my first time in Asia, so I was a little nervous. The project was really cool, it exceeded my expectations. It was really rewarding work and I hope I made a difference to the wonderful animals. Cambodia was a truly fantastic experience for me, I definitely want to travel more having experienced such a wonderful country. I would highly recommend this project.

Jay

I wished I could have stayed for longer...

I volunteered at the Thailand rescue centre and absolutely loved it. The location is a really beautiful, chilled out place with a really friendly little village. There was a good balance of work and relaxing and exploring time and on days off there is quite a few places nearby to visit with nice beaches and some good bars to go out in! The centre is well organized and run.

There is a really interesting range of animals there and new ones arriving all the time but most importantly with the rehab program for gibbons you feel like you're contributing to a program that is actually making a difference and has a real future. We went on a jungle trip to the national park which was about 30 mins drive away and so we got to see some of the species at the centre in the wild plus some wild elephants and loads of other animals. The rooms are pretty basic but fine and meals are great although you do have to like rice! I wished I could have stayed for longer.

Jill

Great sanctuary in Indonesia

I volunteered in Indonesia at the sanctuary rescuing and releasing wild animals. There was a huge variety of animals and birds at the sanctuary which made it a wonderful experience. The sanctuary itself was really big and was doing great work protecting many species. I was really impressed with the place and had a great time with other volunteers from around the world. I would definitely recommend people support this sanctuary to help the amazing animals.

JC

Volunteered in Peru

I took my time to find the right organisation as I wanted to volunteer for a real charity and not some kind of travel agency or commercial company. I was not disappointed at all with Globalteer. It is a great organisation doing great work. They have a great support network and staff on the ground to help out all the volunteers. There was plenty of things to do and the location was just wonderful! I would highly recommend Globalteer!

DJ

Just what I was looking for!

I was so impressed with the staff at this project, so dedicated to the rescued animals. I was looking to help out in some small way and i found just what I was looking for at this sanctuary.

The work is rewarding and all the volunteers worked hard and we had a great time together. It was great to see the animals every day and just amazing when a rescued animal was able to be released. Thankyou to all at the Peru Sanctuary... you are amazing!

Paul

Awesome Elephants!

Amazing project in Thailand, the elephants are able to live wonderful lives at the sanctuary. The elephants come from difficult backgrounds but live a great, stress free life at this project. The volunteer work is great and you know you are making a difference by supporting this project. There are lots of volunteers helping the elephants and I got to meet wonderful people from all around the world.

Dave

Cambodia Elephants

The project is in the jungle and has lots of elephants. The elephants are rescued from bad lives and now live at the sanctuary. i was really impressed with the what they do with the elies, they have so much space to roam and forage. the projects really has the elies best interests at heart. there is no riding the elephants like at other places, in fact, some of the elies are rescued from elephnats trekking camps!

Kelly

Borneo Volunteer

Probably the most beautiful place I have been! The small island was just like out of a TV advert, you could litterally walk around it in 30 minutes. The team there was great and I had such a great time. The work was fun and you really do see the results of your work. We planted so many new coral reefs and you can see all the old reefs the project has planted and all the marine life that has returned.

Kate

I love Elephants!

The elephant project is just amazing! I love elephants and just spending time with them and being able to care for them and improve their lives was just the best experience I have ever had.

The elephants come from such a tragic background. The project rescues them and basically let's them be elephants again. The are retired from a life of abuse and hard work.

I will definitely be back, the project is making a real difference to the elephants lives and also to the volunteers who are lucky enough to care for them.

Genny

Peru Dog Rescue Project

The first thing I should comment on is the passion that the staff at the shelter have for what they are doing. They put their heart and souls into helping as many dogs as they can, and they genuinely care about the well-being of each and every one of the animals under their care. And taking care of so many pups is a lot of work, so they are so appreciative to all of the volunteers that come to help! Of course the dogs are always happy to see you when you enter the shelter, and how can so many wagging tails not put a smile on your face?! While working, even if it's the grubby stuff like washing bowls or cleaning up messes, you genuinely feel like you are helping these animals have a better life, one meal or one scratch behind the ear at a time. Especially seeing how many dogs are out on the streets in Cusco - homeless, injured, or just generally unhealthy and un-cared for - you know that each of the dogs at the shelter have such a better quality of life, and are genuinely loved! It's a wonderful thing to be a part of.

Jason

Life Changing Experience

The Thailand Wildlife Sanctuary was just amazing!
There are so many animals there being helped and cared for by the project. There was always work to be done if volunteers wanted and even on downtime it was just great to wander around the sanctuary and be with the animals.

Meeting all the other volunteers was also amazing. I made some great friends who share my passion for animals.

I will always remember the call of the gibbons in the morning, nothing better to wake up to!

There is nothing that can make this important project better, they just need as much help as possible to care for the amazing animals.
Read my full story

Alumni Interviews

About Globalteer

Globalteer is a registered UK charity operating overseas to provide support to ethical and sustainable projects working in community development, animal care, wildlife rescue, and environmental conservation. Globalteer provides volunteering...