Volunteer in Bolivian Andes with Amizade

Registration is open for our March, April, September, October and November programs. Nestled in the breath-taking Andes Mountains, the spirit of the Incas dwells in Cochabamba. In this bustling city of 400,000 people, colorfully dressed Quechua women sell their wares at the largest open-air market in South America, where the ancient sound of the pan-flute can be heard throughout the stalls. The city often boasts of its perfect climate with a daytime seasonal average of 720 F with no humidity.

Tess

Great Experience in Cochabamba, Bolivia

I can't say enough about the great experience I had with Amizade in Bolivia. The staff did a great job at making sure we were safe and enjoying our work and recreational time as well. It was a great way to start off 2014. There are so many beautiful things about Bolivia. I can't wait to go back and see more of what we didn't have time for! If you have the opportunity, go!

The cost was pretty high. Also we were stuck in Columbia with very limited funds, it would be nice if Amizade had a back up plan for situations like that.
bgardne3

Unexpected Beauty

Not only does Amizade have an amazing program in Bolivia with multiple sites, but you work side by side with people from another culture. Learning things about a culture first hand are always better than a textbook. Even if you don't speak spanish there is no problem communicating with other volunteers, but it's always helpful to know some spanish or know someone who does.

I had a blast working down in Bolivia, but the real treasure of Bolivia is the scenery. The Andes mountains are breathtaking (literally and figuratively). Go to Lake Titicaca or the Salt Flats, they are amazing sights to see.

Allison

Bolivia Winter Break 2012

This was the ultimate way to spend the final winter break of my undergraduate career. I saw so much in 10 days, fell so in love with Bolivia, and met so many people---I cannot fully express the immense impact this program has had on my life already. We did volunteer construction work on a community center, working side by side with the people who would benefit from our service. We ate together, we talked, we learned, we saw walls go up, beams come together--all with the silhouette of the Andes on the horizon. It was a surreal experience. So much positive energy, so much reflection. The creative writing class we all took (6 students) really helped harness that energy, and forced us to ponder big issues and tiny details all at once. It's great to see a study abroad option that is so focused on creating an equal exchange, and bringing different cultures and communities together for a mutually beneficial and enlightening experience.

About Amizade

Amizade Global Service-Learning has been empowering individuals and communities since 1994 through worldwide service learning projects. Amizade volunteers have served in 11 countries in 5 continents with 13 partnerships. Since its founding, Amizade...