There are many disadvantaged children in Brazil. Most of these children live at the city's municipal waste site. A community project in Brazil has been designed to house these children between the ages of 7 and 15, and provide education opportunities and recreation.
As an orphanage volunteer in Brazil, you will aid the teachers and community workers to rescue the children living in waste sites and help in a wide range of recreational activities such as art, music, dancing, and sports - promoting and developing the learning abilities of the children. Volunteers commit an average of four hours a day to the orphans.
It is helpful for the volunteers to learn some Portuguese, so our Brazil volunteer projects also tailor one week Language and Cultural Immersion Program to learn the basic language and Brazilian lifestyle customs prior to the start of your volunteer project.
View Program Information
* In-country travel coordination including airport reception
* Accommodations (3 meals a day with a local family)
* Orientation upon arrival
* Customized Volunteer placement
* Emergency support
* Regular visit (1-2 week interval) and supervision of local staffs
What does language and cultural fee cover?
- Language and cultural courses
- Food and accommodations for 7 days
- Training mater