IFRE Volunteers: Volunteer in an Orphanage in Brazil

IFRE Volunteers: Volunteer in an Orphanage in Brazil

There are many disadvantaged children in Brazil. Most of these children live at the city's municipal waste site. A community project in Brazil has been designed to house these children between the ages of 7 and 15, and provide education opportunities and recreation.

As an orphanage volunteer in Brazil, you will aid the teachers and community workers to rescue the children living in waste sites and help in a wide range of recreational activities such as art, music, dancing, and sports - promoting and developing the learning abilities of the children. Volunteers commit an average of four hours a day to the orphans.

It is helpful for the volunteers to learn some Portuguese, so our Brazil volunteer projects also tailor one week Language and Cultural Immersion Program to learn the basic language and Brazilian lifestyle customs prior to the start of your volunteer project.

South America » Brazil
Project Types
* Pre-departure packet to prepare you for your placement
* In-country travel coordination including airport reception
* Accommodations (3 meals a day with a local family)
* Orientation upon arrival
* Customized Volunteer placement
* Emergency support
* Regular visit (1-2 week interval) and supervision of local staffs
* Insurance
What does language and cultural fee cover?
- Language and cultural courses
- Food and accommodations for 7 days
- Training mater

Daniel
Gladwin, MI
Concordia University- Wisconsin

AMAZING EXPERIENCE

I volunteered in the Himilayas and it was AAAAMMMMMAAAZZZZZIIINNNGGGG. Staff gave me excellent support in preparation for my trip and the coordinator was great. I spent time in the monestary teaching English to Buddhists. However, they were more interested in science and mathematics. The scenery was amazing and seeing Mt. Everest from base camp was inspiring.

Thanks again for the great experience IFRE.

charleney
UK
University of Hull

Volunteering experience with IFRE in Rio

I volunteered with IFRE on another project not the orphanage one and while its a different experience as there are no reviews on the orphanage project, I´d like to give potential volunteers an idea of IFRE my experience and the staff.

Carnival is difficult time to volunteer and Rio is not really the same, unless the volunteer is here just to see carnival but if like me they want to appreciate Rio for all its beauty maybe carnival time isnt good – all depends. Brazil is stunning, it’s beautiful and the people are so warm – I do recommend the volunteer learns some Portuguese first though before coming as everyone loves interaction and are so friendly so in order to make it easy on the volunteer Portuguese is a plus!!!

Life in a favela is amazing – I preferred it to a hostel simply because you get to be part of a community, a family, get to know the Brazilian way of life and culture and not be a gringo (tourist) – just look like one!!!

Blake did a terrific job!!!! Big thanks to him!!! He meet me at the airport, took me to my digs and I got a great introduction to my new surroundings. He went out of his way to help in any way he could and if I had any problems I could call him he was definitely approachable and friendly– he. He suggested new projects I may be interested in places to see, he really knows Rio well and has many contacts.

Thanks Blake for making my experience more amazing, it really did rock!!!!

All smiles

Good luck with your research and planning!!
Have the best experience ever!!!!!

I would ensure volunteers speak at least basic portuguese, or encourage them to learn a bit before they come out here.

Some volunteers will not take the intiative of learning the language themselves beforehand, I think it should be highlighted to them in an obvious way the importance of doing so.

IFRE Volunteers offers one of the most-affordable, safe, successful and fastest growing volunteer abroad programs program in the world. Our volunteer programs are highly regarded for safe projects based on attention to detail, affordability, professional field volunteer support and diverse opportunities for cultural immersion.