Travellers Worldwide Coach Football in Brazil

Coach football to school children in Rio de Janeiro. Think of Brazil and great football/soccer start come to mind. You may be coaching a star of the future at one of our football centres in the city!

Our projects take place at a football centre in the north of Rio and also a favela in the south zone. At both centers you’ll work with young children and teenagers with a passion for football, whose enthusiasm is infectious.

You will coach children and teenagers aged between 6 to 18 and your main role is to assist the coach in all roles from warm up’s, drills, skill practice, to refereeing and sometimes you can also get involved in playing the game!
The children have a huge love for football and take it very seriously so working at this project will be a totally rewarding experience as their enthusiasm is infectious!

Hi Deva! This program runs between 6 months and two weeks. You can find more information by visiting the site.

Kev

Fantastic Favella Football

Once I heard there was a chance to go to Brazil to coach football I jumped on the opportunity. It may seem strange for an Irish person going to Brazil to coach Brazilians to play football but this experience was rewarding for both myself and those I coached.

I was worried travelling on my own to a Country so far away but the fear was never enough to stop me because the excitement was too much.

On arrival all my fears were washed away when I was greeted by Fabio, a member of the 'Travellers Worldwide' team, who drove me to my hostel giving me a quick history lesson on the way in.

I spent 4 days of the week travelling into the Favellas to coach but always felt safe because of the clothes I was provided with. People there knew that we were there trying to make a difference.

I really enjoyed meeting the children and you could tell how much they enjoyed having a very white Irish lad there to try and coach football. You can be sure they taught me a thing or two.

While I was there I was able to meet other volunteers on different projects and I have made some everlasting friends from the experience. We became very friendly with the hostel staff who had no problem in showing us a good time while we were there.

The food was great and I think you should never be afraid to try something new. There was plenty of new things to try throughout my time away.

My only regret from the whole experience was not staying out for longer. Having been there only a month I could see the difference that it made to the children to have people out there trying to help.

I will never forget my experience and I would like to thank everybody involve with the Travellers Worldwide team for making the process easy and I will be certainly signing up for another project before you know it.

Thanks a million, Kev

About Travellers Worldwide

Travellers Worldwide is a Leading International Provider of Voluntary Placements & Work Experience Internships Overseas.

Established in 1994 and with a 20 year unparalleled record of safety, you can be confident that your placement will be the ideal...