Travellers Worldwide - Volunteer as a Teach abroad

Travellers Worldwide - Volunteer as a Teach abroad

Teach your choice of subject to children and adults, usually in the poorer section of society, in Schools, Orphanages, Social Care Centres, Crèches. Children’s Homes, and more, and always with the objective of helping the local community. You’ll benefit the children and also gain valuable skills and experience yourself. Your help is always appreciated because the schools generally have a lack of teachers, high illiteracy rates and poor funding.

Your main resource will be the fact that you're a foreigner. The children will bombard you with questions about your home town, your family, your school (or ex school) and they'll want to know all about famous places in your country.

Asia » Thailand
Africa » South Africa
South America » Brazil » Florianopolis
South America » Brazil
Oceania » Australia » Perth
Oceania » Australia
Full support from the moment of booking and throughout your placement to your return home. There are support staff 24/7 in all our destinations worldwide and a 24 hour emergency international telephone line direct to the Head Office. All meals are provided, unless otherwise stated. Accommodation is provided (whether a rented house, a hotel/hostel, homestay, apartment or flat).
Yangzhou

Tragicamente
London, UK
London Metropolitan University

Kindergarden teaching in Shanghai

The people were incredibly helpful in helping me with getting setup - the apartment, mobile phone, showing me transport system and helping me get a transport card. etc. It was also fantastic to be able to be staying in a flat with other volunteers so you were able to meet people easily. It was difficult at first adjusting to the culture shock, however Travellers Worldwide helped ease into that. I had a fantastic time teaching at the primary school - the kids were adorable, I did a few english lessons a day and then helped out with the kids the rest of the time. Overall a fantastic experience and I wish I had stayed longer!

mermaidsushi
Brighton, UK
University of Sussex

Teaching in China!

I taught English in China with Travellers Worldwide after finishing school and having no idea what I wanted to do with my life! Asia had always interested me and I wanted a project which provided good support, as I was a pretty worried about embarking on my first adventure across the world on my own...

Travellers were so lovely on the phone before I went - my project co-ordinator made me feel instantly at ease and helped me as I fumbled through unknown depths of visa application forms and confusing flight itineraries. I really couldn't have made that jump into my first trip without their help - thanks Letty!

China was a mindblowing experience - it was the first time I had ever been out of Europe, and I fell in love with it instantly. Living and working at a school was just amazing and the project did what it promised - made me feel like I was really living in a foreign country instead of just visiting as a tourist. I was with a group of other volunteers and our school were endlessly kind to us, throwing parties for us and taking us on trips... I have never experienced hospitality like it before or since!

The bottom line is that the project gave me a confidence I did not have before I went - the confidence to extend my trip and travel around Asia with the other volunteers I had met. This is what was so great about Travellers - the welcoming and friendly ethos I experience throughout really made it easy to do things that seemed quite scary at the outset. I also made very close friendships with the other volunteers who I am still friends with now.

The project was a really life-changing experience and without it I would not have gained that confidence to travel alone around the world as I do now :) I am truly thankful to Travellers for providing the solid support that enabled me to gain this confidence and an affinity for China that no doubt will last the rest of my life.

Travellers Worldwide is a Leading International Provider of Voluntary Placements & Work Experience Internships Overseas.

Established in 1994 and with a 20 year unparalleled record of safety, you can be confident that your placement will be the ideal environment to nurture your personal and professional