Great Value Teaching and Community Projects from US$114 per Week

Volunteer at community projects abroad
Volunteer at community projects abroad
Student in Cambodia
Student in Cambodia

Do you want to volunteer to help children and communities with a UK Charity?

Make a real difference to the lives of those living in poverty by volunteering at an ethical local project overseas.

Globalteer is a registered UK Charity providing responsible teaching and community volunteering opportunities.

Globalteer has opportunities to volunteer at a range of fantastic projects in Asia and Latin America including:

• Community Projects in Peru and Cambodia
• Providing Clean Water to Communities in Cambodia
• Working with kids in Colombia
• Food and Farming programme in Asia
• Working with Indigenous people in Cambodia
• Woman’s Empowerment programme
• You can even combine projects to share the love!

You will work directly with experienced project staff and have a clear role.
Meet like-minded people from around the world to share in an amazing experience!

• Give underprivileged children the chance of a better future.
  • Make a difference to impoverished communities and provide families with food & clean drinking water.
  • Unrivalled support from Globalteer staff in country.
  • Meet new like-minded friends from around the world.
  • Volunteer with a trusted, responsible charity that has placed 1000’s of volunteers globally.

Sarah

Volunteered in Cambodia

I spent the most amazing few weeks in Cambodia volunteering at Helping Hands. I decided to volunteer while travelling so I could give back and experience the culture from a different perspective than just a tourist.

I have never worked with kids before, so I was a little nervous. The project is so well organised though, they are able to use all the volunteers taking into consideration their skills and abilities. I was quite happy being a teacher assistant, working in the classroom with the kids.

The kids were inspirational, always eager to learn. They have a good understanding of the importance of their education to help them in the future.

Everyone was wonderful at Helping Hands and Globalteer, I felt part of this amazing team in Cambodia!

Adam

I will return one day...

Volunteering with Globalteer was an experience that will never leave me. The enthusiasm of the kids was infectious, they loved being at the Helping Hands project. I was so lucky to be with an amazing group of other volunteers from all around the world. We had so much fun together, both at the school and socially. Siem Reap is a wonderful little town, my kind of place, lots to do and laid back. I look forward to the day I go back, I know I will one day.

Pete

The children never failed to make me smile

I made some wonderful friends that I'm still in contact with, the children never failed to make me smile even when I missed home - and Peru is a beautiful country with such lovely people. The Project Manager was amazing, I had a few problems during my stay and she sorted them quickly for me. Globalteer’s Development Manager was also very helpful, preparing lessons and assisting in the lessons amongst other things.
The Picaflor House Manager was great, always smiling and helping me with my Spanish. Generally, the other volunteers were like-minded people who I made friends with and remain in contact with.
I would definitely recommend Globalteer to anyone. They were professional and supportive throughout. Their staff are lovely and really helped me out. I also like the fact that a lot of the money goes towards the project. You can see where your money goes and how much the kids appreciate the program.
If you’re on the fence and not quite sure then take my advice and go for it. It was the best thing I've ever done. I met amazing people and had a great time and I felt I made a difference to the children's lives. Please tell my story to as many people as you can and get more volunteers to the projects!

PJ

The children never failed to make me smile

Jessica

Life changing experience - a must do!

I fully recommend volunteering with Globalteer. I volunteered at 2 projects - teaching at a village school and building/installing water filters. Both projects had a huge impact on the local communities and I not only learned so much but I enjoyed every minute of it. So much so, that I’ve now moved to Siem Reap. The Globalteer staff were all incredibly helpful and welcoming, they will make your stay so easy and fun. I 100% recommend volunteering with them.

The more volunteers that get involved and bring different skills to the projects, the more the projects can develop and remain sustainable.
Diego

Peru Volunteering with Globalteer

What I loved most about volunteering was my interactions with the children. My favourite memory was the kids teaching me their native language. They speak Quechua at home and now I know a few phrases!

I was super happy with my experience with Globalteer, but I was very sad to leave it all behind. Two weeks went by so quickly but those two weeks I spent volunteering with Globalteer in Peru were the happiest of my life.

Dave

Great project

I went to Siem Reap in Cambodia and had a great time at the Helping Hands project. It is in the countryside where the kids really need the projects help. the kids are given breakfast every day, given clean water, education, sports and lots more stuff. the kids really enjoy the project and you can see that it is a really important part of their lives. Siem reap is a really great place to hang out too, lots to do and I made some great friends volunteering.

Kelly

Volunteering in Siem Reap

I had an amazing time volunteering with Globalteer in Siem Reap. There are lots of people there to support volunteers and there was plenty of work to do which was great. The project and kids were amazing. I helped the Cambodian teacher in the English classes and also with sports and games.

I would highly recommend this project as I had a great time. Siem Reap is a wonderful town too with lots of stuff to do.