Great Value Teaching and Community Projects from US$114 per Week

Great Value Teaching and Community Projects from US$114 per Week

Do you want to volunteer to help children and communities with a UK Charity?

Make a real difference to the lives of those living in poverty by volunteering at an ethical local project overseas.

Globalteer is a registered UK Charity providing responsible teaching and community volunteering opportunities.

Globalteer has opportunities to volunteer at a range of fantastic projects in Asia and Latin America including:

• Community Projects in Peru and Cambodia
• Providing Clean Water to Communities in Cambodia
• Working with kids in Colombia
• Food and Farming programme in Asia
• Working with Indigenous people in Cambodia
• Woman’s Empowerment programme
• You can even combine projects to share the love!

You will work directly with experienced project staff and have a clear role.
Meet like-minded people from around the world to share in an amazing experience!

• Give underprivileged children the chance of a better future.
  • Make a difference to impoverished communities and provide families with food & clean drinking water.
  • Unrivalled support from Globalteer staff in country.
  • Meet new like-minded friends from around the world.
  • Volunteer with a trusted, responsible charity that has placed 1000’s of volunteers globally.
Asia » Cambodia » Siem Reap
Hotel

Jessica
England
Manchester Metropolitan University

Life changing experience - a must do!

I fully recommend volunteering with Globalteer. I volunteered at 2 projects - teaching at a village school and building/installing water filters. Both projects had a huge impact on the local communities and I not only learned so much but I enjoyed every minute of it. So much so, that I’ve now moved to Siem Reap. The Globalteer staff were all incredibly helpful and welcoming, they will make your stay so easy and fun. I 100% recommend volunteering with them.

The more volunteers that get involved and bring different skills to the projects, the more the projects can develop and remain sustainable.

Diego

Peru Volunteering with Globalteer

What I loved most about volunteering was my interactions with the children. My favourite memory was the kids teaching me their native language. They speak Quechua at home and now I know a few phrases!

I was super happy with my experience with Globalteer, but I was very sad to leave it all behind. Two weeks went by so quickly but those two weeks I spent volunteering with Globalteer in Peru were the happiest of my life.

Dave
UK

Great project

I went to Siem Reap in Cambodia and had a great time at the Helping Hands project. It is in the countryside where the kids really need the projects help. the kids are given breakfast every day, given clean water, education, sports and lots more stuff. the kids really enjoy the project and you can see that it is a really important part of their lives. Siem reap is a really great place to hang out too, lots to do and I made some great friends volunteering.

Kelly
UK

Volunteering in Siem Reap

I had an amazing time volunteering with Globalteer in Siem Reap. There are lots of people there to support volunteers and there was plenty of work to do which was great. The project and kids were amazing. I helped the Cambodian teacher in the English classes and also with sports and games.

I would highly recommend this project as I had a great time. Siem Reap is a wonderful town too with lots of stuff to do.

Peru
Candice
Australia
Griffith University

Amazing Wildlife Sanctuary Project in Cusco

All the staff at the project are doing an amazing job and you can tell the project is making a real difference and impact in the community. The kids at the project are great, always so excited and welcoming of new volunteers and even when there is a language barrier this does not stop them finding ways to interact and communicate with volunteers. It is impossible not to be happy while at the project, as the kids happiest is just infectious. In addition to the project being fantastic, Peru & Cusco itself are just amazing - with the most lovely people and so much to do in your free time!

Based right in the Amazon jungle of Peru, the work being done at this project is so interesting. Assisting on genuine conservation research project was a great experience. While trekking through the forest is definitely not easy, it is worth it, as you get to see countless insects, bugs, butterflies, amphibians, birds and monkeys too! And if you are very lucky you will get to see the resident sloth that is often lazying about in one of the trees close to the base. I love the social aspect of this project too, as with very limited electricity and no internet to distract you, you really get to know the people there.

I could not pick a favourite thing about this project if I tried!! The owner of the shelter is so genuinely passionate about the animals and their care - she remembers the names and stories of every animal that has come through the shelter. The project aims to release as many of the animals that come through as possible - they have already done many successful releases! Time at the project mostly spent preparing food for and taking food to all the animals there, as well as general maintenance around the project. I was extremely lucky when I was at the project as there were 2 babies (a baby sloth & a baby howler monkey) being hand cared for until they were old enough and strong enough to go into their own enclosures and I got to assist with their care! It was an unforgettable experience.

Genny

Peru Community Project

This project is doing wonderful things for its community in Peru. The kids love attending the after-school program, and you can see it on their faces as soon as they walk in the door! They love meeting all of the new volunteers and are eager to participate and learn! The staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. My favorite memory was getting to participate in a day of fun and games during Halloween. We did activities normally practiced int he USA during Halloween like bobbing for apples, and the kids had an absolute blast! All the while they were happy to practice their English with all of the volunteers and staff. Peru is an amazing place, and getting to participate at this project is an amazing experience no one will ever forget!

Julie
USA

Volunteering in Cambodia

This is a great project having huge impact on the kids (and volunteers!). The volunteers assist local teachers which is great. We got to help in English classes, arts, sports and games.

There was always lots to do and the kids were just fantastic to be around. I met lots of other volunteers and made some great new friends.

For me it was a life changing experience, something I will never forget.

More variety for breakfast.

Julie
USA

Volunteering in Cambodia

There was always lots to do and the kids were just fantastic to be around. I met lots of other volunteers at the program and have made some wonderful new friends.

For me it was a life changing experience, something I will never forget. I am already planning on coming back next year!

More variety of food for breakfast.

Globalteer is a registered UK charity operating overseas to provide support to ethical and sustainable projects working in community development, animal care, wildlife rescue, and environmental conservation.

Globalteer provides volunteering opportunities at affordable rates and free volunteer internships, while maintaining high standards of responsible volunteering.