By UBELONG   Reviews (1)   100% Rating

Volunteer in Women's Rights with UBELONG

By UBELONG   Reviews (1)   100% Rating

UBELONG offers women's rights and empowerment projects in three different locations:

-->Delhi, India
-->Phnom Penh, Cambodia
-->Rabat, Morocco

Volunteers support a grassroots organization devoted to feminist issues. They bring new perspectives and skills, and collaborate with the local staff to push forward the organization’s activities. Volunteers live and work in Delhi, Phnom Penh or Rabat.

Affordable: Without compromising quality, the world’s most affordable international volunteering opportunities.
Flexibility: Pick from 100+ projects across Africa, Asia and South, Central, and North America. Volunteer 1 week to 6 months. Start any week.
Support: Work one-on-one with a UBELONG Mentor throughout your volunteer experience.

• India: For five to seven hours a day, volunteers serve with a local organization that focuses on children and women across seven states in India. The organization has a variety of programs focused on vocational training, schooling and healthy living.
  • Morocco: Volunteers generally work three to five hours a day with a Moroccan NGO devoted to promoting women's rights in Morocco through advocacy, research and direct outreach to marginalized women. Depending on the organization volunteers serve with, they may be involved on issues like domestic violence, economic empowerment, elections, inheritance and land rights, and reproductive health.
  • Cambodia: Alongside a local community organization, volunteers contribute in various tasks to advance gender equality. There are several different areas and projects that volunteers can work with, including domestic violence, human trafficking, HIV/AIDS, children's rights and legal and political inequality and reproductive health.
**24/7 in-country support
**Volunteer on projects that truly need you
Africa » Morocco » Rabat
Asia » India » Delhi
Asia » Cambodia » Phnom Penh
Spring Break
Winter
Year Round
520.00
Cost Description
Without compromising safety or impact, UBELONG aims to offer the world’s most affordable 1-week to 6-month international volunteering opportunities.

Fees include:
-->Extensive pre-departure mentorship and support
-->Volunteering alongside locals on projects that make a REAL impact
-->Airport pick-up
-->Housing and meals
-->24/7 in-country support
-->Peace of mind from joining UBELONG, a social organization headquartered in Washington, DC
-->Brand name and networking opportunities that comes from being part of the well-known UBELONG Community

Rating Values

Chantal
NZ

Women's empowerment project Cambodia

Overall

Volunteering abroad was something I'd wanted to do for a while, but I never really thought it would become a reality (I'm not the most adventurous person!) until I stumbled across the Ubelong website. The program was perfect for me in every way. It was affordable, I felt supported at all times by my mentor, the volunteer coordinators in Cambodia and the NGO I was working for, and helping on a women's empowerment project was something I was really keen to do.

I was nervous before I left the UK, but meeting other volunteers at the guest house (many of whom were just as nervous as I was, and were great to hang out with in the evenings/weekends) and having the orientation meeting soon put me at ease. I learned so much from the experience – it gave me an insight into what daily life is like in other parts of the world, and also how an NGO operates and the various challenges it faced. My work included a variety of tasks, including writing up proposals for projects and requests for funding, editing information for the website and facilitating a workshop with other NGOs. I’d recommend Ubelong to anyone considering volunteering - it's a professional organisation, which looks after their volunteers and genuinely works to make a difference

The guest house was great, but could do with a bit of refurbishment.

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe
--> Go 1 week to 6 months and start any week of the year
--> Fees from $480 for a 1 week placement - without compromising safety or impact, the most affordable volunteering opportunities
--> UBELONG is an American social organization headquartered in Washington, DC. Don't gamble, have the accountability, legitimacy and proximity of going with a US-based organization
--> World-class training and mentorship program
--> Powerful brand: UBELONG Volunteers have come from universities throughout the world, including Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Rice, University of Michigan and many more!
--> Visit ubelong.org for more detail!

A few reviews by UBELONG Volunteers:

"UBELONG is incredible. The time I spent in Peru changed me as a person and challenged me to be better." Rebecca Twombly - from the USA, volunteered in Cusco, Peru

"I felt safe, supported and part of a worthwhile network from the moment I applied for the project and I would strongly recommend UBELONG to all volunteers." Stephanie Wong - from Australia, volunteered in Accra, Ghana