Medical and Healthcare Projects with Volunteering Solutions

Medical and Healthcare Projects with Volunteering Solutions

The Medical & Healthcare projects are aimed towards providing better healthcare facilities to people living in the rural parts of a country. Volunteers in their 3rd or final year of medical college, fresh graduates, experienced nurses, or other professional practitioners are the best fit for this category of volunteering work abroad. This is a great platform for those from medicine field to enhance their career growth while spreading awareness about health and hygiene amongst people from poor and illiterate backgrounds.

Along with the healthcare and medical volunteering program, VolSol also provides exceptional learning opportunities for pre-med students through comprehensive medical internship programs. Volunteers in their 1st and 2nd year of medical college can join the internship program where they shadow the local medical staff in attending patients and learn about the process. Internships are provided in Dental, Physiotherapy, and various other departments.

Volunteering Solutions provides placements under medical and healthcare program across Asia, Africa, and South America. The destinations include;

• Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda
Medical

Hussein
Cairo, Egypt.

Life-time experience

I'm Hussein from Egypt I joined last summer the medical volunteering program in Surin, Thailand. At first, before areiving in Thailand I felt nervous because it was my first time to travel all alone and have an internship, however, the minute I arrived I was more than welcomed by the staff and other volunteers. I enjoyed the accomdation with other volunteers to get to know eachother more and enjoyed the volunteering program itself as we used to work in a hospital and gain experience. For me, it was such a great experience because as a dental student I got to do procedures that I've never really practiced in my country, thus it was so beneficial. The staff organized everything for us including tours on weekends like the national park. I enjoyed every single thing in my 2 weeks stay and most importantly I enjoyed getting in contact with volunteers from all around the world. Thai people were amazing and so welcoming. I highly recommend students who stidy medicine, nursing or dentistry to apply for that program because it will enhance your academic level and also will give you the opportunity to make new friends and learn more about new cultures. I believe people have to joing such programs in order to get out of their comfort zones and experience new challanges that will definitely change their lives.

I think it can be improved by increasing the volunteering destinations in order to have a wider reach and get everyone from around the world to know about this amazing program.

Nicoleta
United Kingdom
Swansea University

Experience of a lifetime!!!

Extremely great program, lovely people and the most exciting 2 weeks of the entire year. I have volunteered in a ER (Takook health promoting hospital) clinic in Surin, Thailand during 15.08-30.08.2014 where I have achieved a certificate for completing a basic training -practising dressing wounds;injections and vaccinations within the local community. The experience was incredible as the healthcare team were extremely eager to train you and allow you to see many patients. Also the project coordinators were incredibly fun and full of ideas how to entertain us during our leisure time. The entire group of volunteers bonded very well, especially during nights out in Bangkok and the trip to the jungle - Khoa Yai National Park. One of the highlights was the trip to the elephant village where we got to ride the elephants and see a lovely elephants show.

Response from Volunteering Solutions

Thank you Nicoleta for your kind words, we are glad that you found this opportunity incredible and rewarding. We always welcome our past volunteers with open arms. Hope to see you again soon :)

Volunteering Solutions started its operations in 2007 and has sent over 12500 volunteers abroad, and now has projects in more than 30 destinations across Asia, Latin America and Africa. Volunteering Solutions is dedicated to providing authentic, reasonably priced and meaningful volunteer programs around the world,