Outward Bound Costa Rica: Girl Scout Destinations in Costa Rica & Panama

Enroll in a Spring Gap Year & Semester course by Nov 15th to receive a $500 Early Bird discount!

Experience an unforgettable adventure with fellow Girl Scouts from across the United States! Our four GSUSA Destinations courses in Costa Rica and Panama will give you an opportunity to visit remote rainforest villages with family homestays, serve local indigenous communities, scuba dive among the colorful coral reefs of the Caribbean Ocean, protect the region’s fragile ecosystem, catch waves on famous warm water breaks and offers many other adventure opportunities with each course. Immerse yourself in a new language and culture while discovering your inner strengths and leadership skills. Create life-long friendships along the way.

Our GSUSA Destinations courses are open to current members of Girl Scouts of the USA. Girl Scouts must apply to participate through the GSUSA Destinations program and be between 13-18 years old at the time of course.

• Community Service
  • Sea Turtle Conservation
  • Hiking & Backpacking
  • Surfing
  • Scuba Diving

Impact

Katie

Scuba Sea Turtle Adventure

I really loved this trip and it challenged me a lot. It helped me realize that I have a strong passion for the environment. I loved all of the other girls and my instructors as well. We all had a lot in common and almost always got along well. We did many interesting things like zip lining, SCUBA diving, cave tours, and more but I never felt rushed. The trip was focused on living in the moment and creating memories. My favorite part of the trip was releasing sea turtle hatchlings at San San Pond Sak. Turtles have been my favorite animals almost all of my life and releasing hatchlings has been a life goal of mine since elementary school. Scuba Sea Turtle Adventure and Outward Bound provided me with and opportunity to achieve some of my life goals.

The packing list could be adjusted. Some items we were asked to bring weren't needed. There were also items that would've been useful that we weren't asked to bring. Feedback from girls on the course could possibly be used.
Anna

Sea Turtle and Scuba Adventure

A life changing two week. I was able to learn that I could do anything. I was able to help an endangered species, learn new skills, and create amazing friendships and connections. I miss Costa Rica and Outward Bound so much because everyone was so friendly and kind. If you are thinking about participating in an Outward Bound course, all I can say is that biggest adventure of your life is soon upon you.

Samantha

My Amazing Outward Bound Costa Rica Experience

My experience with Outward Bound Costa Rica was nothing short of life changing. I cannot express in words how strongly I encourage that every Girl Scout should apply for this amazing program. It will allow you to dive into a new and exciting culture, head first. Every minute was a new and exhilarating adventure, filled with fun and important life lessons. This course provided me with opportunities that I could receive no where else.

Some of the amazing opportunities I was presented with were releasing baby sea turtles into the ocean, doing a homestay in a small indigenous community in Costa Rica, visiting schools and conversing with local students, learning how to make traditional Costa Rican food, and he beautify a community soccer field.

The amazing staff at Outward Bound Costa Rica was so caring towards each and every one of us. After spending merely two weeks with twelve other girls and my instructors, we became a family. The friendships that I made on this trip are ones that are unbreakable. The experiences are ones that I will carry with me for the rest of my life, and I am so thankful to have partook in such an amazing program.

About Outward Bound Costa Rica

BE. OUT. THERE. Outward Bound Costa Rica inspires a lifetime of leadership, growth, and a commitment to serve through adventure-based learning. Since 1992, we have honed our approach to experiential education, utilizing Costa Rica and Panama’s...