Costa Rica is a stunning country with a truly outstanding wealth of exotic wildlife and tropical plants, and awe-inspiring beaches on both the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific ocean. There is however still struggles within the communities of Costa Rica including poverty, and difficulties accessing healthcare and education. Further to that, Costa Rica's bio-diversity is exploited and a lot of animals including sloths, monkeys, and tropical birds are illegally trafficked, kept as pets, or are losing their natural habitats from de-forestation.
With Kaya Responsible travel you can live and work in the remarkable Costa Rica on a variety of volunteer projects. You will help animals that have been neglected, confiscated, or injured, and are undergoing rehabilitation. Or work with community projects including teaching English, healthcare, or working with under-privileged children.
- Join a unique projects in Central America assisting local communities at 2 cooperatives
- Learn Spanish as part of your placement
- Help in the rehabilitation of all sorts of incredibly interesting and beautiful animals- tapirs, spider monkeys, macaws, and sloths
- Volunteer on a Sea Turtle conservation project and protect female sea turtles, their nests and hatchlings
- Help abandoned and underprivileged children in the city’s children's homes, community and day care centres