Take the plunge and jump into adventure with the Mystery Project in the Dominican Republic! Perfect for anyone who’s ready for the next level of adventure or the bravest young people ready to jump into the unknown headfirst. Spend three weeks with your new Amigxs exploring a critical issue on this vibrant island. Support local efforts through community service and take group excursions to must-see spots!
- Volunteer and learn about ethical service
- Gain confidence and leadership skills that prepare you for college and beyond!
- Health and Safety - Enhanced health and safety protocols including COVID-19 testing and a Health and Wellness Coordinator onsite
- Explore the Dominican Republic, practice Spanish, and visit must-see spots with other students
- Live and travel with a pod of 15–20 other students
Focus on the AMIGOS pillars of leadership, ethical service, and cultural humility.
New summer 2021 programs!
Explore conservation and sustainable agriculture processes in the highlands of the Dominican Republic! Understand agriculture on the island from the colonial era to today. We will look at how local communities are using sustainable agricultural practices to ensure food security and economic activity while also protecting delicate local ecosystems. Two years of high school Spanish (or equivalent) is required. Two spots are reserved for students from the Dominican Republic.