This fantastic sanctuary located on the edge of the Amazonian rainforest is home to more than 60 rescued monkeys and other exotic animals such as margays, coatis and tortoises. Volunteer with these incredible creatures who have been liberated from being held as pets, or marketed through the illegal pet trade.
The sad fact is that these animals are unable to be released into the wild because of their familiarity with humans. Fortunately this sanctuary has been established to give them the opportunity to live out their days in expansive enclosures.
As a volunteer you will be given the opportunity to fully interact and help with activities such as raising baby orphans, creating enrichments, food preparation and structural maintenance.
Your accommodation is located at the heart of sanctuary so be prepared to be sharing communal areas with other volunteers and friendly primates!
- Work hands-on with some inspiring primates in this stunning rainforest sanctuary.
- Improve your Spanish, working closely with locals to care for the rescued monkeys.
- Explore the Amazon rainforest in your free time on locally organised tours.
- Head to the adventure capital of Ecuador in your free time, to do white water rafting, bungee jumping and visit the hot springs.
- Meet likeminded people from around the world.