Affordable & Trusted Street Children Volunteer Projects with IVHQ

Volunteer with Street Children with IVHQ
Volunteer with Street Children with IVHQ

Are you interested in providing support to children living on the streets while volunteering abroad? IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer travel organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer projects in 40+ destinations. Over 100,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 10 years, making IVHQ the world’s most experienced volunteer organization with the best safety record. With program fees starting from only $180, IVHQ makes organizing a volunteer trip easy and affordable.

Sarah

india ivhq review

This was an amazing experience. India is a country filled with a rich culture, and if you are open to immerse yourself into that culture, you will learn and grow so much. The community I was working with, specifically the children and mothers, were so welcoming. I worked with children between the ages of 2-6 trying to teach them some basic english so that they could get ready to go to a real school. They came from the slum and were often dirty and hungry, but they came to school everyday happy and smiling. They were excited to learn and had amazing personalities. I loved every second of it. Plus, you get the opportunity to travel on the weekends and see such a beautiful part of the world. I would 100 percent recommend. It will change your life.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Sarah, thanks for the kind words and for sharing your experience with us in India. Your contribution to the program is very much valued and we hope to welcome you back again sometime soon! ^Will - IVHQ India Program Manager

Georgina

My New Delhi Experience with IVHQ

My experience in IVQH made me grow as a person in several ways. As for me, traveling has become an important part of who I am today, experiencing India has been a dream come true. Another part was feeling like I left a bit of my heart. I helped in what may seem small but hopefully my experience will inspire others and together we can create a bigger impact. Anther thing I loved was to be around with other volunteers from all around the world who also want to give their time and energy. Yet the most important of them all was to realize I need to start making a change in my own community. Now I want to let people know about the situations all around the world so they can emphasize with them and try to generate more opportunities instead of just sending some food or materials. To sum up none of these would have been possible without all the help, assistance and guidance I've received from the IVQH team.

What was your funniest moment?
Seeing people breaking their chai cups in the street
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Georgina, it is great to hear that you felt supported while on the program, and it sounds like you had an amazing experience! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.

Page

Time of my life

I travelled to India with ivhq to volunteer In the childcare programme for the month of August. It was the most incredible experience ever, I can’t put in to words the things I saw and the way the experience has changed me for the better. I’ve met the most amazing people and seen the most beautiful places that photos just doesn’t do justice. I would recommend this experience to anybody, it’s a once in a life time opportunity that I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to be a part of. I fell in love with the children I cared for, fell in love with the culture, fell in love with India. The ivhq team were supportive through out the entire journey.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Page, thanks for sharing your inspiring experience in India! It was great to hear that you had a once in a life time experience and I agree that India is a place to fall in love with! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

Read my full story
Gabby

Amazing Cultural and Volunteering Experience!

If you are looking for a life-changing volunteer experience, I highly recommend going on a program with IVHQ. I was in Dharmsala, India and it was the most incredible place in the world. We worked with children and women in extreme poverty and implemented some of our own projects to help make their living situation a little easier, and of course, to make them smile. The children and culture were wonderful! Of course every project is different, but come prepared to be in other projects than you expected and be flexible. We had to create our own projects and ideas, and for the most part got to chose when we were volunteering. While we were not volunteering, we could explore nearby towns that had incredible shopping, and could really soak into the natural world around us- from trekking, waterfalls, and other beautiful views. It was really an incredible experience, but to fully enjoy it, I suggest going for more than 2 weeks, as I felt I did not have time to implement all my ideas. It is an incredible experience and I highly recommend!

More staff support and structure to implement the projects. It is easy to opt out of activities due to a lack of structure. If we had solidified schedules each day it would've been easier to plan our own adventures around our volunteering, which I believe should be the main focus of our trip.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Gabby, thanks for your review and providing an insightful overview of what future volunteers can expect on the program! It sounds like you truly had an incredible experience in India and really immersed yourself in the culture! Thanks for being a great IVHQ volunteer and we would love to have you back in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

Alumni Interviews

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 50+ destinations. Over 100,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 12 years,...