Affordable & Trusted Street Children Volunteer Projects with IVHQ

Are you interested in providing support to children living on the streets while volunteering abroad? IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer travel organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer projects in 40+ destinations. Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 10 years, making IVHQ the world’s most experienced volunteer organization with the best safety record. With program fees starting from only $180, IVHQ makes organizing a volunteer trip easy and affordable.

Discover 2 popular volunteer projects working with street children available with IVHQ below. You can find out more about these options on IVHQ's Childcare page.

• Ecuador - Quito: The children volunteers work with on this project spend 365 days a year working in the streets and markets, selling goods and performing with their parents to help provide for their families. Volunteers provide these children the opportunity to receive a basic education, as well as some enjoyment in their lives.
  • India - Delhi: There are estimated to be over 100 million street children living in India. The IVHQ Slum Teaching project in Delhi focuses on providing these children with a basic education and new opportunities that they would otherwise be deprived of.
International Volunteer HQ offers the world's largest range of volunteer abroad opportunities in 40+ destinations around the world. Discover IVHQ's full range of volunteer abroad programs.

Page

Time of my life

I travelled to India with ivhq to volunteer In the childcare programme for the month of August. It was the most incredible experience ever, I can’t put in to words the things I saw and the way the experience has changed me for the better. I’ve met the most amazing people and seen the most beautiful places that photos just doesn’t do justice. I would recommend this experience to anybody, it’s a once in a life time opportunity that I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to be a part of. I fell in love with the children I cared for, fell in love with the culture, fell in love with India. The ivhq team were supportive through out the entire journey.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Page, thanks for sharing your inspiring experience in India! It was great to hear that you had a once in a life time experience and I agree that India is a place to fall in love with! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

Gabby

Amazing Cultural and Volunteering Experience!

If you are looking for a life-changing volunteer experience, I highly recommend going on a program with IVHQ. I was in Dharmsala, India and it was the most incredible place in the world. We worked with children and women in extreme poverty and implemented some of our own projects to help make their living situation a little easier, and of course, to make them smile. The children and culture were wonderful! Of course every project is different, but come prepared to be in other projects than you expected and be flexible. We had to create our own projects and ideas, and for the most part got to chose when we were volunteering. While we were not volunteering, we could explore nearby towns that had incredible shopping, and could really soak into the natural world around us- from trekking, waterfalls, and other beautiful views. It was really an incredible experience, but to fully enjoy it, I suggest going for more than 2 weeks, as I felt I did not have time to implement all my ideas. It is an incredible experience and I highly recommend!

More staff support and structure to implement the projects. It is easy to opt out of activities due to a lack of structure. If we had solidified schedules each day it would've been easier to plan our own adventures around our volunteering, which I believe should be the main focus of our trip.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Gabby, thanks for your review and providing an insightful overview of what future volunteers can expect on the program! It sounds like you truly had an incredible experience in India and really immersed yourself in the culture! Thanks for being a great IVHQ volunteer and we would love to have you back in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...