Volunteer South America: Programs in Ecuador!

Volunteer South America: Programs in Ecuador!

Volunteer South America is dedicated to identifying volunteer positions with small to medium size local organizations in South America. We work with responsible non-profit organizations that offer structured volunteering work in properly managed volunteer programs. These organizations are doing good work, but really need your help. Most do not have the out reach to find volunteers like you and lack the resources of larger multi-lateral organizations to attract project funds.

South America » Ecuador

Volunteering
USA

Helpful and kind!!! awesome programme

since the first time i contacted them, I had inmediately answer and good information regarding all my doubts.

VSA does all the pretravel logistics until you get in contact with the coordinator of the programme you have chosen.

VSA helped me a lot, they are serious and always willing to help and keep you updated.

I highly reccomend VSA

Berkeley, California
Lancaster University

There was no program or program coordinator (he was in Italy completing his masters!!)

Terrible, unorganized, dangerous.
No program as the organizer was in Italy completing his masters.
No work available in my specified field when I arrived.
Work was found with a drunk boss who tried to get me back to his apartment.
Cut my visit short and left after a month instead of staying for three as originally intended.
Didn't refund me all the enrollment money despite the money I had spent on flight to Ecuador etc.
First time traveling alone abroad and Volunteer SAM made it a complete disaster.
I certainly do not recommend this program under any circumstances.

Response from Volunteer South America

The organization´s role is as a facilitator and does the logistics of pretravel and ultimately we cannot control what happens in the volunteers program. In this case we had been in contact with the coordinator of the program right before the client arrived (and they were aware she was coming) and they had not advised us of their intention to shut the program down. As soon as we knew we tried to find a solution, unluckily nothing could be done and the volunteer was never left alone, she had a local contact and looked after until she left.

We are a small organization run by few people and being abroad was a temporary situation that happened years ago and subsequently have had many satisfied clients.