Ethiopia is one of the most fascinating countries in Africa, and also one of the oldest countries on the planet. From jungles, deserts, mountains and countless rivers, Ethiopia is a geographic and natural wonder. Here you'll have the opportunity to work in ME to WE's newest WE Villages community on a sustainable development project in the Northern Tigray region supporting our Education pillar.
With the greatest number of UNESCO heritage sites in the world (9 altogether), you will also experience Ethiopia's diverse culture and explore a rich history that dates back to the oldest human skeleton ever found (3 million years).
Ethiopia is at the heart of mankind's shared history. It's a place that everyone needs to see.
- Work alongside our WE Villages partner community Tigray region.
- Live a "day-in-the-life" as you join a family and take part in their daily activities and chores
- Visit Lalibela, home to UNESCO World Heritage sites including medieval churches carved into the land.
- Hike the scenic Gheralta mountains for a view of the surrounding countryside.
- Camp in a rural community and gather around the fire to hear the stories, hopes and dreams of the locals.