Contribute directly to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, specifically Goal 3: Good Health and Wellbeing, Goal 6: Clean Water And Sanitation, and Goal: 4 Quality Education.
Alongside other international participants, support education workshops and classes for improved health practices among local youth and adults, and contribute to the awareness around communicable and non-communicable diseases. You could get involved in sport and lifestyle practices, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) initiatives, gender equality workshops, and livelihood and environmental sustainability projects.
When you aren’t working, join a trek in the Himalayas, explore coastal islets in Thailand, enjoy a peaceful boat ride along the canals, rivers, and lakes of Kerala, or explore the beaches and reserves in South Africa.
- Make a sustainable impact by contributing to education, healthy lifestyle practices, and health and awareness initiatives within a community.
- Start to learn a new language, and better understand different cultures and traditions.
- Contribute to and learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, gaining a better understanding of ethical and responsible travel.
- Make life-long friendships with like-minded people.
- Trek in the Himalayas, explore coastal islets in Thailand, enjoy a peaceful boat ride in Kerala, or explore the beaches and reserves in South Africa.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.
This is an opportunity to stay in Pokhara, where you will contribute to various international development projects in education, public health, gender equality, and economic initiatives. With other international volunteers you’ll trek to Annapurna Base Camp, going through Annapurna Conservation Area, Nepal’s largest protected area, home to tropical biodiversity and communities of various cultures and languages.
Contribute towards health education in Phang Nga. Assist local teachers to encourage positive health practices in children and young adults of the province, and contribute towards the UN Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being. The opportunity to support a variety of educational classes are available in sports education, language and social developments, with valuable long-term impacts on the community.
Join health and wellbeing workshops in the local community of Kampong Cham, expanding your knowledge and skills as a teacher, ambassador, and sanitation practitioner for UN Sustainable Goal 3: Good Health and Wellbeing. Topics range from hygiene, emergency aid, awareness on communicable and non-communicable diseases, to lifestyle practices for general wellness.