Incredible placements where you can experience in-depth the authentic Fijian Island way of living. After a presentation of your offering (Kava ceremony) you will be welcomed into the community to live as an honoured guest.
This island paradise has extensive views over fringing coral reefs and green-blue tropical seas. It’s a medium sized island (approx 10km in diameter) with cliffs and rolling hills for amazing hikes with views out to surrounding islands where for island hopping or snorkelling. With approx 800 native Fijian inhabitants (some of whom have never seen a car!) Many inhabitant’s work on the local tourist islands. The village’s main source of incomes is handicrafts, pottery and shells, with the local people otherwise relying on subsistence farming and fishing.
On this remote paradise island you can either teach or take part in our construction projects- or both! We also have many more projects all over Fiji to choose from.
- Untracked, no tourists, no cars, and real and raw volunteering experience!
- Travel with purpose in Fiji and help support underprivileged communities.
- 20 Countries & over 100 projects.
- Over 25,000+ Volunteers Placed Worldwide.
- 30+ years experience. IVI provides safe, high quality & responsible volunteer travel experiences.