Ghana is known as "The Gateway to Africa" and a great country to start with if you have never stepped foot on the continent before. The people are naturally very sporty, warm, friendly, funny and spiritual and will welcome you to their country. However, like so much of Africa, they need help to develop their skills and knowledge and this is where having a volunteer like you helps.
Rugby is a great sport to coach and is played worldwide and watched on the TV everywhere too. As well as all the physical benefits of playing a sport, such as increased fitness and health, the players learn to work as a team, respect each other, be disciplined and loose with grace.
This is a great opportunity to visit this beautiful country and its people and get involved in a coaching program.
- Inclusive price that includes airport pick up, accommodation at the Volunteer House in shared single sex rooms with ceiling fans and en suite bathrooms, meals, introduction to project, some local activities
- Option to go on weekend excursions with other volunteers: Cape Coast, Big Milly's, Volta Delta area....
- Combine Rugby Coaching, which takes place after school, with teaching in a school for disadvantaged kids in the morning, one to one or taking a class
- Enjoy the company of the other international volunteers also staying at the Volunteer House
- You could combine this placement with our rugby coaching in Swaziland or South Africa and have a 2 or 3 country experience!