IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable organization for veterinary volunteering abroad, offering the largest range of safe and impactful animal care volunteer projects in over 14 destinations around the world. Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 10 years, making IVHQ the world’s most experienced volunteer organization with the best safety record. With program fees starting from only $180, IVHQ makes organizing a volunteer trip easy and affordable.
- Jamaica: Working in a shlter for abandoned dogs, volunteers assist with providing human company, medical treatment, and playtime to support the health and wellbeing of the animals. The project suits volunteers who are passionate about supporting animal rights and don’t mind getting their hands dirty.
- Guatemala: There is high demand for vounteers to assist in a variety of animal-focused placements in Guatemala, including a dog and cat shelter, a veterinary clinic and an exotic animal refuge. This project is open to to all volunteers and a veterinary background is not required, although is highly advantageous.
- Peru - Cusco: Assist in an animal shelter working with animals who have been harmed by humans or when they have become dependent on humans and have been abandoned. The project focuses on all aspects of animal care.
- Cambodia: If you are looking for an animal care project where you can provide hands-on care, your support will be highly valued on this project. Your main role on the Animal Care project will be supporting the staff at the shelter in providing care to rescued animals.
- Tanzania: Suited to volunteers who are passionate about animal welfare, and are studying or qualified in a relevant field, the Animal Care project in Tanzania offers the opportunity to work alongside a local veterinarian for the treatment of various domestic animals along with working in conjunction with a local animal welfare organization in Arusha to offer assistance to rural farmers and Maasai animals.